Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 02:02:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dvd drive  (Read 3616 times)
realg123
« on: January 07, 2008, 07:00:09 PM »

My dvd drive jams so i have to tap on the drive for it to open. How could I fix this problem, I have a samsung dvd drive if that helps.
thanks in advance
take care
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 08:01:42 AM »

samsung dvdroms are gear driven
the others are belt driven

my sammy does the same thing and I wouldn't trade it for anything else out there.
mine has been doing that for more than a year, I jsut recently ordered a new case for my xbox and the dvdrom dont get stuck as much as it used to, so it might just be catchign on the case itself.

in the end as long as it plays games and dvd's I'd keep it.
keep an eye on ebay for any samsung dvdrom for the xbox and buy when the price is right.

BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 09:10:18 PM »

I have seen countless Samsung drives that all do the same thing. The other drives though, open perfectly but they don't read at all. Sometimes a little tap on the bottom is needed for it to close right.

On another note, I'm looking into using one of the modified LG drives soon. Apparently the life span is a lot better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: