Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 09:48:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Need fresh C: and E: files to fix errorcode 13  (Read 63982 times)
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 05:05:55 PM »

ok here is what happend, and yes you are screwed
your HDD did not relock before it powered off, there is NO getting around it, youre screwed, unless you get a modchip OR an eeprom reader (which you have to solder to the motherboard) there is nothing you can do
godden
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 08:31:41 PM »

your HDD did not relock before it powered off, there is NO getting around it, youre screwed, unless you get a modchip OR an eeprom reader (which you have to solder to the motherboard) there is nothing you can do

Sad. So I will problably not be able to fix it myself? what do you mean with modchip. If you mean chip it so it can run games from all countries and have xbmc on it then It´s allready installed.
godden
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 08:33:46 PM »

Sad. So I will problably not be able to fix it myself? what do you mean with modchip. If you mean chip it so it can run games from all countries and have xbmc on it then It´s allready installed.

can´t I just take a hdd from another xbox or is the problem more complicated than that?
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 01:42:10 AM »

Basically dude you need file called eeprom.bin that comes from your xbox. See every xbox has its own unique eeprom.bin file, wat this file dose is when the xbox boots up, the eeprom tells the xbox how to unlock the HDD with the unique password so it can boot up its dashboard.
  So if you take another HDD from another xbox, the xbox still wont boot cause your xbox eeprom password wont work on the HDD from the other xbox cause that HDD has been set with its Xbox's eeprom. So no matter wat xbox HDD you put in your broken one, it will not boot until its set with you xbox unique eeprom.

And what GamezR2EZ (my technical assistant Tongue ) is trying to say is, to install a mod chip, because a mod chip bypasses the eeprom and allows you to boot up any HDD I believe (correct me if im wrong). XBMC is just a dashboard, just cause it says things about a mod chip doesn't mean you have one unless you know you've installed one or have one inside your xbox.
This is an xbox with a mod chip

But their is a way to fix your xbox
1. Build or buy and eeprom reader
   (heres wat mine looks like)
2. Mod chip
both ways involve soldering, so yeah, its really up to you on how you want to handle this
godden
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 06:15:36 AM »

Basically dude you need file called eeprom.bin that comes from your xbox. See every xbox has its own unique eeprom.bin file, wat this file dose is when the xbox boots up, the eeprom tells the xbox how to unlock the HDD with the unique password so it can boot up its dashboard.
  So if you take another HDD from another xbox, the xbox still wont boot cause your xbox eeprom password wont work on the HDD from the other xbox cause that HDD has been set with its Xbox's eeprom. So no matter wat xbox HDD you put in your broken one, it will not boot until its set with you xbox unique eeprom.

And what GamezR2EZ (my technical assistant Tongue ) is trying to say is, to install a mod chip, because a mod chip bypasses the eeprom and allows you to boot up any HDD I believe (correct me if im wrong). XBMC is just a dashboard, just cause it says things about a mod chip doesn't mean you have one unless you know you've installed one or have one inside your xbox.
This is an xbox with a mod chip

But their is a way to fix your xbox
1. Build or buy and eeprom reader
   (heres wat mine looks like)
2. Mod chip
both ways involve soldering, so yeah, its really up to you on how you want to handle this

allriight. I have a Alladin advance 64 chip with ir. do you know if that is a modchip like that I would need?
When I hold down the start button the light gets orange insted of green and I get into a special menu. But it won´t boot up at all in chip mode as it is right now neither in ordinary mode of course.

But If i install slayer at another original xbox hdd and put it into mine would it be possible to work then with the chip?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 06:38:47 AM by godden » Logged
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 10:34:34 AM »

And what GamezR2EZ (my technical assistant Tongue )

hmm what does that make me?!?!?!? Wink cause im no ones BEEACH lol anyway, modchip allows you to boot any UNLOCKED xbox HDD

as far as modchips, you would need a chip on the xbox that would leet you bypass the eeprom (like sniped said) and let you read the eeprom code from the EEPROM flash chip, so you would have to install a chip ON the xbox from which you got the drive

as far as snipes said, the eeprom is programed into a 4kb chip (if im not mistaken) and it is specific to EACH xbox, meaning no 2 are the same, so you would have to either replace the chip (tricky) read the chip (solder to the chip, trickier) or get a modchip (EASY Cheesy)

THATS what i was trying to say snipes WHAT?!?!? lol jk Wink
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 10:36:13 AM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
godden
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2007, 10:38:23 AM »

And what GamezR2EZ (my technical assistant Tongue )

hmm what does that make me?!?!?!? Wink cause im no ones BEEACH lol anyway, modchip allows you to boot any UNLOCKED xbox HDD

as far as modchips, you would need a chip on the xbox that would leet you bypass the eeprom (like sniped said) and let you read the eeprom code from the EEPROM flash chip, so you would have to install a chip ON the xbox from which you got the drive

as far as snipes said, the eeprom is programed into a 4kb chip (if im not mistaken) and it is specific to EACH xbox, meaning no 2 are the same, so you would have to either replace the chip (tricky) read the chip (solder to the chip, trickier) or get a modchip (EASY Cheesy)

THATS what i was trying to say snipes WHAT?!?!? lol jk Wink

So you don´t think my current chip is enough? I´ll have to buy another one?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2007, 10:44:29 AM »

is the current chip installed on the xbox from which the HDD came?
godden
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 11:02:55 AM »

is the current chip installed on the xbox from which the HDD came?

Yes. I haven´t changed anything in the xbox besides installing the chip. And that was done before I got my problems.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2007, 12:35:29 PM »

i've never heard of that one but dose it look like this

chips isn't my thing but ill try and look it to it Grin
godden
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2007, 02:27:23 PM »

i've never heard of that one but dose it look like this

chips isn't my thing but ill try and look it to it Grin

Yes I think that´s it. so what do you say? do you think I can just install the slayer cd on another original hdd and then install it in my xbox and start in chip mode?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 03:02:02 PM »

well i would say yes, umm use zzk all-in-one hotswap mod to get the files, burn them to a XboxHDM disc, get a new drive and format it (put on the files) and then LEAVE IT UNLOCKED and you should be able to boot up in chip mode

ill write more lata, gotta go, snipes fill in the blanks with links please? (this is why he is on the team and im not Tongue)
godden
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2007, 03:05:34 PM »

well i would say yes, umm use zzk all-in-one hotswap mod to get the files, burn them to a XboxHDM disc, get a new drive and format it (put on the files) and then LEAVE IT UNLOCKED and you should be able to boot up in chip mode

ill write more lata, gotta go, snipes fill in the blanks with links please? (this is why he is on the team and im not Tongue)

allriight. thank´s. Will need som more help with what XboxHDM disc is and a link to the all in one hotswap if that is nessecary to do.  hope snipes will do that Smiley
Thank´s and merry christmas Cheesy
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 04:22:43 PM »

first find the tut here

skip steps 3 and 5

and just use zzk all-in-one files and put the in the correct folders (c - c, e - e) get it from the file section
godden
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2007, 04:43:21 PM »

first find the tut here

skip steps 3 and 5

and just use zzk all-in-one files and put the in the correct folders (c - c, e - e) get it from the file section

Can I do this with my hdd I used when I tried to hotswap before but failed or must I have a new one. In that case must it be a original xbox hdd?

where can i find Xboxhdm 1.9?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 04:45:28 PM by godden » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: