Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 08:51:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is it possable  (Read 7879 times)
Killakia
« on: February 04, 2008, 12:48:59 PM »

Is it possable to splice an xbox controller with a USB connection then used that to run action replay on. I had to break down and by a mem card.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 12:56:21 PM »

YES.
Killakia
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 01:07:29 PM »

without doing anything else but pluging it in and downloading the program. just making sure before I burn something else up. Wife gets a little mad when I do that. As it is I have to figure out why my computer dropped all me cd drives and will not even boot from them.
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 01:46:42 PM »

I was going to do a small guide on it but I figured it was overkill. I can still do it up tonight. What I did instead of splicing the controller was I removed one of the controller ports from the xbox, snipped the wires, spliced a USB cable and connected the wires.

There's a site on the net where you can download drivers for both the controller and memory card. Llama.com had some links. I'll include them in that guide if I get to it tonight. The great thing about using the controller port instead of directly splicing the controller is you can put it back in the xbox when you're finished. It doesn't need to be soldered, just twist the wires and tape them. I have a few broken xboxes so I just put the ports to good use.
Killakia
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 02:06:02 PM »

I already had a plan in mind about that. I was going to use some of the wire connectors I have laying around. This way when I'm done with the USB port part I can then just unplug it USB and plug in the xbox connector and still use the controller.
Killakia
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 07:56:35 AM »

It works great. Thanks. My wife is happy I did not blow the computer up. I told just to give me some time.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 05:16:10 PM »

lol nice
congrats Wink
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 02:48:26 AM »

Wife gets a little mad when I do that.

Excuses... Tongue
Killakia
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 06:50:51 AM »

Bad thing is its her computer. I've reformated twice now. Now it will not boot from the CD rom drive. I can't figure out why as of yet. However I still see the drive under windows. Shes a little hot under the collor at the moment. LOL
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 03:58:28 PM »

I know it goes without saying but check the bios?
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 08:46:23 PM »

cough cough check the primary cd drive and the slave make sure they are on the right IDE if thats the case

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Killakia
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 05:46:23 AM »

Thanks for the advice. on boot up I hit f10 for system restore. I have no idea what it did. It said something about configing the bios. After that it went right to booting from the disk. So I reformated the drive and everything it flying smooth.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: