Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 01:57:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wireless Adapter  (Read 6456 times)
realg123
« on: December 17, 2007, 08:32:42 PM »

I have a question does the xbox (not 360) have a wirless network adapter. If so I would like to buy one, and set it up so that I could stream movies from my pc to my xbox wirelessly. Does anyone have something like this setup, if so, does the streaming lag? Any info would be nice.

thanks in advance
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 08:53:08 PM »

uhh i dont have a wireless set up, but i use XBMC to stream movies from my PC at a 100mb connection, with no lag (or very little, i just blame my router lol) as far as wireless, youd have to have wireless N (date rates on mine are normally around 270mbs) but i dont know about a wireless N adapter for the Xbox,
hope any of that helps
realg123
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 09:21:37 PM »

thanks i use a network cable to stream works pretty well, i would like to setup something for my living room, and want to know if getting a wireless adapter is worth it
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 09:49:55 PM »

all you need is a wireless bridge, aka a gaming adaptor, i have the linksys 54g wireless gaming bridge and it has worked perfect for me, i was able to stream from a wireelss pc, to my router, then to my wireless 360 at 720p and 1080p, when i did 1080p there would be some jitter if i was doing anything else, but besides that it worked perfect. so with you just streaming 480p as your top resolution on your xbox, it should be perfect. right now im using the gameing adaptor as the heart of my setup.

/360      /pc                                                      /xbox        / 360
wireless router(())linksys adaptor--server pc--24 port switch--gaming rig
               \(())laptop                                          \bros pc  \(2)laptops

(())=wireless
-- or / or \=wired
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 09:52:11 PM by Snafupossum » Logged

realg123
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 11:30:06 PM »

where could i find this gaming adatper and what are the price ranges and easy to setup? instaltion disk? and thanks both you guys
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 10:00:29 AM »

uhh yeah i never tried a 54g connection, but if he said it will work im sure it will
use ebay, Linksys gaming router 54g OR 108g (thats super G Tongue) its around 40$ with shipping, but you can get it cheap, super simple to set up comes with all the drivers
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 11:21:13 AM »

it doesnt need any drivers, as it acts as just a ethernet cable to the system, all you have to do is plug it into the pc via ethernet, and put the install disc in, and then set it up to connect to your router. as for pricing, i bought mine for $70 at radioshack, but theres cheaper ones, that run about $50 but i wanted quality and i had the extra money to spend + i have a lot of 2.4ghz signals in my house so i needed something froma company that is known for there quality.

ThaDraGun
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 11:50:53 AM »

If you live in Canada..  Futureshop.ca has them on sale for $24.74! That's where I got mine. Regular price is $89.97. Or pick one up on Ebay. There are lots listed right now.
Mine should be arriving in the mail in a couple days Smiley I hope it works well to stream video. I dont want to have to run a cable across the livingroom floor.

Linksys Wireless-G Game Adapter - Web Only

WebID: 10032882
Mfr. Part Number: 184640
Auto Detecting  Info Not Available
Included In Box  Power Adapter, CD ROM, Network Cable
Interface  Info Not Available
Internal/External  External
LAN Connection  Wireless
Product Type  Wireless Network Adapter
Product Warranty  3 Year Parts & Labour
Special Requirement  No
Speed  54Mbps
System Requirements  XBOX, GameCube, PlayStation 2 Consoles
Wireless Standard  802.11b & 802.11g

More Information

The Linksys Wireless-G Game Adapter can be used in two different ways. Firstly, if you have an existing home wireless network and a cable or DSL Internet connection, the Game Adapter lets your PlayStation 2, XBOX or GameCube attach to the network so you can get into online games without running wires to the game room. Secondly, use a pair of game adapters to form a "cable-less cable" between two game consoles for head-to-head gaming; in the same room or all the way across the house.

FEATURES:

It's completely driver-free, so there's no software-installation hassle and it works on any platform.
If your setup's a little different, there's an easy-to-use PC-based Setup Wizard to guide you through. Then just plug the adapter into your game box and go.
It provides lag-free gaming with communication speeds up to 54Mbps when connected to other Wireless-G devices.
It can also connect to Wireless-G (802.11b) devices and networks at 11Mbps.
Ports: Power, Ethernet
Cable Type: Category 5
LEDs: Power, Ethernet, Wireless-G
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: