Softmod Depot
April 23, 2024, 10:38:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking the Ipod knockoff (the Ipeed) XD  (Read 18714 times)
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2007, 01:41:58 PM »

hey everyone,
i felt like it was time that i got an mp3 player, so i ebay-ed that s**t, and was able to find a great ipod nano 3rd gen knockoff which also reads ebooks and voice records and plays FM radio among many other features. im very happy i bought it. the thing is tho, that it is only 1GB in memory. less than sufficient in my case. ive read a few tutorials where people h@ck the ipod (actual product) and switch the "micro drive" with a Compact Fash card, and reload the Appl3 firmware and essentially have an ipod with a flash based memory. well see, thats what i want. Ive already got a 4GB CF card and it would be really great it if i could use it instead of the 1GB "micro drive" included in the Ipeed (knockoff). the only thing is that i dont want to lose the FM, ebook, voice reord etc.. capabilites. i want to be able to keep all the features and just upgrade the memory capacity. at first i thought that there might be a way that i could clone the firmware from the Ipeed onto my pc, switch the memory component in the unit and flash the new memory (CF card) with the firmware ive got on the PC. but im not really sure if thats even the way to do it, or how to go about it. i'd really appreciate any sort of advice on this issue. thanks a bunch guys. later, off to get my hair cut.

skip

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 01:53:42 PM »

Well i is it a real iPod after all or really a cheep cheep knock off. Give us a pic
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 02:16:46 PM »

alright, um heres the item description on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270197087109&mfe=sidebar

quick question, why do i have a +1/-2 karma --- what does it mean? thanks.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 02:18:47 PM by skip2mylou » Logged

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 03:25:36 PM »

karma is how people can rate your post, and how helpful you are. positive karma means you where helpful or your post was good, bad karma means that your post sucked or it was flaming or  many other negative things.

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 03:28:10 PM »

s**t, im in the red then, guess some peeps around here wanna start something... lol. thats right fweega im comin... hehe. where is that guy btw?

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 05:37:59 PM »

hes around, he just doesnt post anymore
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 07:33:27 PM »

i played halo 2 with him and yachi just a couple weeks ago

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 09:05:54 PM »

good to know u guys are still kickin it. any ideas on the iPeed?

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 09:58:59 PM »

i dont even want to look up the ipeed, as that was a joke name of the ipod a while back when the guy in asia developed the battery that ran off liquids aka pee. ipod + pee battery = ipeed lol

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 10:18:56 PM »

hahaha thats great, lol. ill call it the iPwn hehe.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 10:26:44 PM »

when i first saw one, i called it the iStupid cuz one of my friends bought one that looks just like the ipod nano and is 2gb, and he was braging about how it can play mp4's while the ipod nano cant then i told him the nano can and he got flushed then i asked him how much he paid for it, he said 130. I just laughed at him and told him ill call it the iStupid. but if you get it way cheaper then the ipod nano, its a good buy. i never knew it was called the ipeed though lol

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 11:05:20 PM »

ok thats a real ipod not a knock off wish it was though cause there are no mods for it yet

I like tacos.

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 12:39:12 AM »

no its a knockoff, i already bought one and if my dig cam worked i would upload a pic. anyways the reason i ask if there are any hack is because i ran across this tut:

Click me...

and i thought that possible, maybe a similar thing can be done it this case.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 11:36:10 AM »

ok thats a real ipod not a knock off wish it was though cause there are no mods for it yet

its a real knockoff, the ui doesnt look anything like that, its all blueish and has alot more stuff on the screen compared to the real ipod. you could do that with the mini because it had the size and the capabilities to do it, i dont know of a ipod that you can still do that to because the videos have the top size mini hdd's available on the market already and nano's are flashed based built onto the board.

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 12:25:32 PM »

damn it. i saw a video of a dude ripping apart the 3rd gen nano and now i see what ur talking about. ur right, the HD is much smaller. i guess ill have to live with 1 GB for now, until someone comes up with a way to hack it. thanks guys.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: