Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 05:14:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Halo 3 vids off the 360?  (Read 15361 times)
Estx
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 07:31:00 AM »

Topic: Use a video-capture card like Snafupossum suggested - by far the easiest method.

Off-topic: The film content from Halo 3 are not merged-frame media (i.e. they are not rendered content), they are simply a structure of events that happened in that particular play which are re-rendered when opened in Halo 3.
Some-what like what Quokimbo states.. it's just a content file, the environments/models/textures/particles etcetera are all already stored in Halo 3 and just need to be re-applied to the events given by the content.

Example: Player moves 2ft north-east to co-ordinate x,y, changes weapon, jumps, crouches then throws a grenade in direction: xy...

Instructions for rendering content can be compressed a lot more than rendered content since rendered content does not repeat as much. Think of each frame being a picture, each picture constructs a major set of pixels defined by color RGB(A) and position X, Y. Say that each image was in a 1280x1024 resolution.. you would have to give the Color and Position for each of the 1,310,720 pixels. Say that each color and co-ordinate was in hex and then compressed, at least they would be 1 byte each. Max color = 255/FF so
FFAB03FF would mean 255 red, 171 green, 003 green and 255 opacity. That's already 8 bytes for one pixel, add the co-ordinates, say giving a max of 4095/FFF you add another 6 bytes, 14 bytes per pixel * 1,310,720 pixels = 18,350,080 bytes (17,920kb/17.5mb) per frame. That size would be assuming every single pixel was a different color because if color is in mass you can compress that as well by giving co-ordinates for repeats. But in saying that, assume there is 30 frames per second in the movie, 30*17.5=525mb, now that would be 525 mb for 1 second of uncompressed data. Of course the method I've used for calculating is way off from modern compression algorithm's it gives you a fair idea of the size.

Now if you use command-driven text through out a file, you're going to be repeating a lot of things which can be re-positioned at will, Say bungie could have implemented some code that would suggest: a = Move north 1 step, or A=move 2steps/repeat.. blah blah blah.. you get the idea. I'm too tired to finish this explanation lol.

This is my first post, so hey people. =)

Btw.. without going over all the text above, there's a post by one of the bungie staff somewhere on their site saying that it's content and not actual media. Well.. at least you learnt something Cheesy or maybe try to..?
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 02:59:21 PM »

good job lol, i was close on my theory

darkboxplayer
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 07:12:41 PM »

I will do a little more research on this, but I read about a way to use a certain site that uses a reference in your bungie.net account and downloads the videos in your files share, and then emails you once it uploads it to IT'S site, for you to download to your computer.

This process takes like 3-5 days, but it gets done and looks nice. I will try to explain a little less retardedly.

go to your bungie.net account and get information site (x) needs

site (x) downloads video

site (x) uploads video to it's site

site (x) sends you email notifying you of completion

go to site (x) to retrieve your video!

I will post again if no one else reads of this before I get to it!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: