Softmod Depot
April 25, 2024, 10:47:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP Batteries  (Read 15130 times)
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2007, 01:48:51 AM »

OK, I don't have a PSP, but I want to buy one and so i did dome research on modding the PSP. The only thing I could find was making a Pandora's Battery...What I don't understand is this: What is so important about the PSP battery? does it have more features to it other than powering the PSP? Is there firmware in it? That made me really confused and I want to know why the PSP battery is like that. Thanx in advance.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 03:40:55 AM »

I don't Know the words for it BUT what your doing is setting the Battery in standby Mode And what the battery Has is a Bios chip Kind of like a PC's Bios  But much smaller and less memorry the Chip was Made for storeing the Battery Life and Time + sony use it as a Pandora's battery Befor we ever did =)
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 12:03:22 PM »

So what your saying is the PSP battery is no JUST a battery, it has another chip, like BIOS and Pandora's battery modifies that chip?

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 12:43:29 PM »

Some Batterys  YES.. there are Fakes and even new batterys in witch they took out the bios chip and replace it with i don't know what but they did that so ppl stop makeing pandora's battery LOL

Most OEM PSP batterys can be trun into a pandora's battery

Compatible:
- Sony PSP-100, 1800mAh, 3.6v - Normally bundled with PSPs.
- Sony PSP-280, 2200mAh, 3.6v.-Mostly found at Wal-Mart
- Datel Go Max GM100, Reusable Battery Pack. USes 3xAAA batteries. The serial resets itself to zeroes once the bateries are removed.
- Datel X2, 3600maH
- Datel MAX Power, 1800maH, 3.6v (Two models, Black [Model No LB1000] and Silver)

Not compatible
- Sony PSP Slim Battery, 1200mAH, 3.6v, PSP-S110
- MEGA Lithium, 2600 mAh, 3.6v
- Sony (Fake) PSP-280, 2200mAh, 3.6v -Mostly found Online
- Unknown brand TYP-107, 3600mAh, 3.6v (Gold Letters)
- Unknown brand PSP-360, 3600mAh, 3.6v (Silver Letters)
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 10:42:03 PM »

im back into the PSP Modding/Learning, i guess you could call it. Now, what is the difference in the Slim and Phat PSP? I see the dimensions are the same, so whats the difference? What one is easier to mod? I will have more questions later, as I will buy my PSP in mid October, but I want to touch the subject before I get one, i dont want to get the wrong PSP... Smiley ALSO, how do I tell what kind of battery I have before I get it, and the firmware, what is the easiest way to tell what I have?

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 12:43:35 PM »

im back into the PSP Modding/Learning, i guess you could call it. Now, what is the difference in the Slim and Phat PSP? I see the dimensions are the same, so whats the difference? What one is easier to mod? I will have more questions later, as I will buy my PSP in mid October, but I want to touch the subject before I get one, i dont want to get the wrong PSP... Smiley ALSO, how do I tell what kind of battery I have before I get it, and the firmware, what is the easiest way to tell what I have?

I like the phat PSP, and all psp are moddable and easy to, thanks to Pandora's battery.
The only thing you have between batteries is this the Phat PSP battery is a little bigger then the slims and it will fit on to the slim only if you hold it their Roll Eyes But the slims will NOT on fit the Phat PSP at all
PSP Phat Bat

PSP Slim
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »

so waht would you recommend me getting? phat or slim?

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 02:18:35 PM »

so waht would you recommend me getting? phat or slim?

To tell you the truth bro, get wat you like Wink
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 04:00:11 PM »

so, to get this straight, I can mod both phat AND slim with whatever firmware they come with, with ease? They are the same? is there any PSP I can NOT mod? any firmware version?

P.S. to start modding, I should make a Pandoras battery, then load a custom firmware onto my PSP, then get Time machine? Also, where would be the easiest tutorial for all this?

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 06:08:03 PM »

OK.. i'm going to jump in here  Tongue

Fat Vs Slim   

Fat-  BIG heavy and Ewwww (BUT it has 1.50 kernel that you can install over a CFW as a Addon so you can play 1.50 homebrew or Emus.

Slim- SMALL (not really) Very Lite, (Like holding a CD case)  Speakers On TOP whitch is sweet

Now as far as Makeing a pandora's battery  (I WOULD NOT MAKE IT)  Why? you ask   Well back when pandora's battery came out the price was 80$!!!  Yea i know WTF..  Anyway Now they are only 24.99$ WOOT!! 

Q: Why buy a pandora's battery when i can just make one for Free ?

A: NOT all batteries will work, 90% of all slim batteries do not work.

So here's What i say you should Do.

Buy a Slim  with a good memoryStick then Buy a PSP TOOL (aka) pandora's battery then Just use my Video to make the Files and HACK that "Bich"   
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 06:36:30 PM »

Wait a second... Can I have a link to buy this "PSP Tool" and a link to your video?

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 01:27:03 AM »

PSP TOOL
http://us.codejunkies.com/Departments/PSP.aspx

my video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpYBzq8GxLI
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 02:26:43 PM »

WTF PSP TOOL, just use your PSP Phat battery, but like you said only 90% of the battery's work with Pandora... But I'll still stick to my Phat, cause its battery mods both Grin

Buy the way, mad props on that vid. Wat kind of camera do you use to film that  Grin Amazing quality
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 06:11:25 PM »

http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/PSP-Battery-Service-Tool__EF000530.aspx

right?

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 09:24:24 PM »

NO.. thats a Service Tool  whitch tures a PSP battery into a pandora's battery BUT the battery still has to be Mod-able for it to work.

just get the Tool battery  the (RED) ones .

Ps. for makeing the videos i used a Shitty 20$ cam (IM CAM that is)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: