Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 01:48:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: M3DS Real vs M3DS Simply  (Read 17597 times)
jdogg69
« on: December 12, 2007, 06:19:08 PM »

Is the M3DS Real a good option? I was looking at the M3DS Simply but I'm not sure which one is better.

Here is the link to what I am looking at getting:

http://www.realhotstuff.com/real-rumble-expansion-p-258.html
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 06:37:33 PM »

M3DS real is a better option i think, but idk,
if it were me, and i was goign to get an M3 it would be REAL not Simply
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 06:40:28 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
jdogg69
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 07:48:10 PM »

ya thats what I was thinking but I don't know much about this stuff so I am looking for some opinions.

thanks
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 01:07:08 PM »

Hijacking another thread: a huge thanks to the first person who can link me to exactly what I need to run homebrew and .nds on a DS, Zelda Edition. The golden one with the Triforce on it.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to pick up the stuff for someone as a Christmas present. I checked Divineo.com because they have COD but I wasn't sure which one to pick up. Do I need both the card and the rest of the stuff or just the card?

Whoever can set me straight on that, I'll try and payback some way in the future.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:40:35 PM »

hijack this Tongue

lol nvm

ok so here is what you need, a device that can boot .nds files
i would recomend a slot-2 device (GBA slot) youll also need a pass device (and if you know someone who has one that will work as well)

however if you wanna keep it simple you can get a slot-1 (ds slot) device which tends to be more, but its getting cheaper

i recommend supercard i LOVE all mine, never had ANY PROBLEMS EVER with them, and plus if you get one i can help you to do what you want with it Wink

they have links to buy the stuff on the site (sory id direct link ya but i dont know what you want)

also i feel inclined to slitlgy recomend the M3 (zzk use the supercard and tell me you still like the M3 Tongue)
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 09:47:59 PM »

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/hb-ds-dsxt4

Will that play .nds or just Homebrew? They make it sound as if that's the only thing I need, and it has the USB port. I'm hoping that's the right one because there is a lot of nice stuff on that site I wouldn't mind picking up. I bought my Xenium Gold there a few months back to fix some xbox's and it's been treating me pretty good. Price isn't really an option right now, I just want it simple and working.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 09:58:59 PM »

ok yeah that will work, however check out supercard (i have heard problems bout that one DS-X) the have an all in one solution call DS ONE its the same thing only it came out first and all and its nicer i could tell you why but you can look it up for yourself Tongue

but yes it you want point blank that wil work for all your DS needs (cept linux, only 4mb ram, to run linux youll need a slot 2) but otherwise, youre all set with that ONE thing
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 10:07:52 PM »

As far as I know, she'll just be playing GBA and .nds so I might stick with that one. If it has issues, I suppose I could sell it. I wouldn't mind getting the Supercard because it looks much more neato than what I'm looking at but I don't think they have COD or Paypal and because of my lack of a credit card, those are my only two options. I'm going to check it out a bit more though. So huge thanks R2D2 R2EZ

DS-X is the lite right? Or Zelda one? Whichever. (Disregard that I am lame) I'm interested in all of this xbox junk. There is so much good on here
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 10:12:09 PM by SatanX » Logged
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 10:11:42 PM »

ok if you want gba YOU MUST GET A SLOT-2 DEVICE
no exceptions sorry

SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 10:13:04 PM »

ok if you want gba YOU MUST GET A SLOT-2 DEVICE
no exceptions sorry

alright, she'll be fine with .nds then. I lent/gave her an xbox with a GBA emulator so I'm sure she can use that.
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 10:19:18 PM »

Oh alright, this would be a lot easier if I had a stupid DS in front of me. So these things have a slot for GBA and DS games. Wow I feel like a dummy. Alright so with that thing from divineo she could play DS alone, but with the supercard she could play both, and this thing is prone to work better is it?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 10:31:58 PM »

yes here is the deal

top left SD card (stores games)
top right supercard (slot 2 GBA)
bottom left Pass Device (slot 1 DS)
bottom right, ummmm comeon DS lol

this is all old stuff BTW

ok so info goes on SD card, read by slot 2 device, excecuted through slot 1 device (so you can run non nintendo code) also allows GBA code to run

youll want for GBA a supercard (or whatever) slot2 device that fits with out sticking out of the bottom of a DS lite
and a Pass Device of some sort

i recomend SuperCard MicroSD Lite Rumble here
and a PassMe3 or SuperKay here

and of course youll need to grab a microSD card, i estimate all this will run you with shipping from the same place about $100

and you can do everything with that (cept run linux)

EDIT Supercard DS Lite Rumble does not allow GBA to run, my bad, as far as the Lite NO rumble, that should work fine also good deal here
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 10:47:10 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 10:49:32 PM »

Alright, so what good would this thing be? Just solely .nds? Because the way they're wording it is I simply pop this one card in, hook up the USB cable, transfer some files and we're set to go.

Huge thanks for clarifying all of this
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 03:10:54 PM »

yeah dude, that will work
its a microSD device however (no onboard memory) this means just stick it in a reader and copy NDS files
but for simplicity i would say go with any slot-1 (DS) device, if you dont care about GBA

i overall prefer SuperCard, but i doubt many people would find a big difference between all the top brands, so just look for ANY slot-1 device, it will boot .nds files

hope that all helps
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 06:55:14 PM »

yeah dude, that will work
its a microSD device however (no onboard memory) this means just stick it in a reader and copy NDS files
but for simplicity i would say go with any slot-1 (DS) device, if you dont care about GBA

i overall prefer SuperCard, but i doubt many people would find a big difference between all the top brands, so just look for ANY slot-1 device, it will boot .nds files

hope that all helps

R2D2, you were an immense help. I'll try and return the favor someday. Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: