Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 06:13:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Standbying in Halo 3?  (Read 7990 times)
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: December 08, 2007, 03:04:26 PM »

Ok so I'm pretty sure some of you are going to say its impossible but i think it is, the last couple of days that i have been playing Halo 3 I've been getting standby d a bit and no it wasn't lag  i mean i was watching the time jump from like five minutes to like four minutes and 46 seconds that how big the time gaps were and theses dudes would walk right by shooting like in Halo 2 and then warp back to where they were and you would be dead.and then i would get stuck in black screen for seriously 3 minutes and when i would get back from the black screen the other team would be winning with at leat 15 points after my team was winning and ahead by like 10 points.theres much more that would happen but this is long enough as it is, so does anyone know if standbying  has been accomplished yet in Halo 3?

xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 05:51:05 PM »

yea..I think its a cheat:/

Cuz I was playing team doubles. And this other guy, when I aim at hit he just disappears back n forth or left and right. It wasn't a lag!

Because Bungie did a big jump with Halo 3 server, no one can't lag in the game, even though your connection is weak!

www.youtube.com/xin0 222+ videos

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 08:08:02 PM »

What I think xino is trying to say is that there will be very little lag due to the 50ms ping limit.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 09:23:35 PM »

that ping limit is only for tunneling software, and its 30ms. as for connection lagging, the server, once your connection gets under 70k up or down (connection bar goes red at 100k) you will be frozen aka blue screened in the game and the server will setup to send you will packets, and less detail in the packets to compensate for your connection problem. during the blue screen time, no one is supose to be able to kill you, so in other words, no blue screen cheats anymore. however, if they where somehow able to get host, if they where to get there connection low, they will send everyone into a blue screen, and b4 the blue screen, the will ony have a plit second to kill people before they could not kill anymore, same goes for coming out of the blue screen. I myself, have seen people be able to cheat, by getting there connection under 100k, because they will lag around on your screen and you cannot hit them becasue there bouncing around on the screen, but on there screen, you are just walking normaly, and they are able to shoot you the whole time, while when they are glitching b4 they bounce back, you cannot hurt them. I could be wrong on some parts of that. i myself had lagging problems and i was able to test some of that myself. but in other words, "blue screening" as halo 2 players call it can be done in all first person shooters just about, and racing games, but now in games like forza, they have to to where you can drive right through a car that is lagging at all.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 10:45:49 PM »

Hmmmm interesting

Quokimbo
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 10:25:54 AM »

I do not think standbying in H3 is possible, simply because there is no host(well bungie is host) That was the whole thing about Halo 2 was you used your PC to make sure you got host, and then stood by. With no way to make sure you get host(predetermined by bungie) you could not really stand by could you?

And I have not played Halo 3 in like 2 months so I have no idea what happens anymore, traded it for Assassins Creed strategy guide and art book. Smiley
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 01:46:47 PM »

sorry to say quokimbo but there is connection host in Halo 3 the way you find out is usually before the game starts in matchmaking when you get that brief black screen if somebody is talking and their voice is hella laggy then that usually means they have connection host i've even tested it and if you guys know how to flair jump or radar jammer jump you can try it in a match and if can radar jump then your host,also when your in the brief black screen the voice should only lag  until the game starts.so technically you could standby its just really hard because of the MS ping set
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 04:34:11 PM by InsaneTrout » Logged

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 02:51:35 PM »

yeah, it isnt as easy to tell as in halo 2 with the nade jumps and nade launching, but its there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: