Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 04:05:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to write/transfer to G Drive  (Read 17030 times)
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 12:45:14 PM »

lol i dont think he read the above posts, anyway
you get it workin yet? me, im kinda curious  Grin

I'm actually transferring over my E drive as I type this and then I'm going to try and figure out XBPartioner. As soon as I get it going I'll post whether or not I had any luck.

On another note though, writing extra data to the drive after the "limit" where it crapped out at, ended up corrupting some data. What happened was, when I formated the drive the second time through EvoX, I automatically assumed it would "work" so I transferred everything I had on my PC regarding xbox stuff.

The way I did it was pretty dumb. I just queued entire folders and transferred them over, then deleted it after I was done. What I didn't realize at the time, is that everything I transferred after the 250 ish gig limit on G, became corrupted. Luckily it was just a bunch of N64 and GameBoy Advance roms I had on my PC anyways because I play them using my 360 controller and a PC Emulator. So I had backups of all of them. I stood the chance of corrupting some really serious stuff.

Now that I think of it, 2 games were corrupted the first time around before I formatted it with EvoX. That also isn't a big deal because I own the original copies of the games but if those disks were scratched or damaged, I'd be out.

Anyways, all of my stuff is currently backed up on one 500GB drive on the PC. I'm going to go ahead and try XBPartitioner now.
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 01:30:32 PM »

Well, XBpartitioner was nothing but an XBE file. So, in the interest of lazy, I simply transferred it to E and just opened it. I cycled through a couple of default options using A, pressed start to write and that was it. Surely it couldn't have been that easy. Both partitions now read at 353,842.53 MB Free each.

So I'm going to go ahead and transfer everything over, test it first before deleting anything and post the results.

Surely it couldn't have been that easy. I did it all without the use of a modchip or burning it.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 01:50:45 AM »

Some times it is just that easy just Over looked as Not many ppl have a HDD over 500gigs =)
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »

Well I've filled G, F is just about filled too. It looks like it really as just as simple as uploading XBPartitioner to the E drive. I figured I wasn't going to be touching any other partitions besides F and G so I just went for it. If you press A a few times it will cycle through a few presets until you get both partitions matched.

F and G are partitions 6 and 7 I believe and they are separate from the rest. There's a huge line between them. I'm going to experiment later on and see if I can format a USB hard drive because I did see extra slots for partitions. If I have any luck I'll post here.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: