Softmod Depot
April 15, 2024, 11:11:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid Internet  (Read 6147 times)
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2007, 04:29:04 AM »

Ok, this is sooo dumb, but...For the last 3-5 weeks, at night, my internet slows down from a dl speed of 50-60kbps to 1.5-3 kbps. I have Wireless. WTF is up? I think it is because of the cold, but I don;t see how that would affect it. Do you? Got any ideas that I could do to fix this? I need it fixed because I do a lot of my computer work at night. And I am getting pissed that this isn't working. I have already complained to Microserve(my ISP) and they told me nothing was wrong, but I know something is up.

xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:43:17 AM »

Ok, this is sooo dumb, but...For the last 3-5 weeks, at night, my internet slows down from a dl speed of 50-60kbps to 1.5-3 kbps. I have Wireless. WTF is up? I think it is because of the cold, but I don;t see how that would affect it. Do you? Got any ideas that I could do to fix this? I need it fixed because I do a lot of my computer work at night. And I am getting pissed that this isn't working. I have already complained to Microserve(my ISP) and they told me nothing was wrong, but I know something is up.
microserve already sounds like some crap ISP Tongue

I dunno...its from their side, thats causing the effect.
Unless you: Remove the DC cable of the Router→Plug it back in after 10sec→Repair your local area connection status→And check.
If same thing happens
Remove plug and plug back in→Disable the Local area connection→enable it→repair local area connection→chexck

But I am sure its from their side

www.youtube.com/xin0 222+ videos

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 11:11:25 AM »

most isp's now also cap there connections to lower numbers certain times of the day when the most of there bandwidth is being used.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 10:27:35 PM »

Xino: I did that. It is DEFINATLY from their side. Yes, Microserver is crap, but it is the only thing I can get out here right now. Hopefully, i will be moving son and I can get better WIRED internet.

Snafu: That wouldn't be the case because this happens a night, when everyone but me is in bed.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 10:14:31 AM »

but that is when most isp's have the most drain. because of p2p clients, people usually run things like bit torrent clients over night. so isp's usually limit connections during those peak hours. or that could just be the cause of your problem, since they all run there p2p clients at night, its flooding the signals which is giving you less of a signal due to there p2p signal hogging.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 07:34:03 PM »

ohhhh. How do I fix this? What do I do to get it faster?

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 09:20:25 PM »

hey hey i get 3.82 mb per second i run cable direct

I like tacos.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 11:58:05 PM »

yo Rattman, who do you use(your ISP) and what do you pay per month?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: