Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 10:19:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 360mods  (Read 9876 times)
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2007, 11:10:18 PM »

ok ive got a 360 taken apart and found the dashboard flash chip now if soeone had the time to manufacture a board that you put the chip on. well ive got an idea take the chip and a usb flash drive solder the chip on that if you can and then decode all the code and stuff.

I like tacos.

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 01:04:01 PM »

why dont u just flash the drive and it will do everything a mod chip does

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 09:16:07 PM »

dice, you dont get what he said, he wants to try and figure out the coding on the chip, it will be pratcticaly impossible though since that was one of m$ main objectives was to keep people from being able to access it, and reflash it. time attacking is a much better approach. but, you might want to look into the infectus modchip, if you just want to dump the chip.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 07:22:38 PM »

thanks snafu ummm well i would like to try and start a project on decoding it maybe???

I like tacos.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 07:59:28 PM »

before you can even decode it, you will have to get past its security encrytion that keeps it form being anything reconizable period. that is why this gen is so hard to mod, because the amount of coding required, and the security layer apon sucurity layer that they have put into the consoles to try and prevent any kind of modding.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 10:13:05 PM »

yawn to that but if i could find my byte by byte converter that i programed myself that runs through the code no matter what kind and trys to convert it into binary. if only i could find it...

I like tacos.

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 12:36:51 AM »

dice, you dont get what he said, he wants to try and figure out the coding on the chip, it will be pratcticaly impossible though since that was one of m$ main objectives was to keep people from being able to access it, and reflash it. time attacking is a much better approach. but, you might want to look into the infectus modchip, if you just want to dump the chip.

oo now i under stand

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 09:59:54 PM »

yay and i cant find it it took 600 hours to program it in c++

I like tacos.

n00blet
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »

i guess you would have to have an masters degree in computer programming to crack that code

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 11:21:11 AM »

yay and i cant find it it took 600 hours to program it in c++

yes we believe you.......
and aparently you dont understand code very well
yawn to that but if i could find my byte by byte converter that i programed myself that runs through the code no matter what kind and trys to convert it into binary. if only i could find it...

what exactally would a "byte by byte" converter do? that doesnt make any sense, at all
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 12:24:12 PM »

Yeh rattman don't lie about stuff unless your good at it Wink

i guess you would have to have an masters degree in computer programming to crack that code

Just because someone has a degree doesn't make them any better, its just proof of their skills.
xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 02:07:17 PM »

lol..what if you forget the stuff?Tongue

I mean..Master Degree is just a achievment earned at University/College.
the true purpose of education is if you can remember them!

I freaking hate maths Angry...and I can never remember those working outs:/

www.youtube.com/xin0 222+ videos

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 09:38:43 PM »

hey man i aint and im an amatur programmer but i had help from some sources but i mostly worked on it and these sources are personal friends so yeah and i think it wouldnt have mattered anyway now that i think about it cause it would still have all the security!

I like tacos.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: