Softmod Depot
April 24, 2024, 11:05:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Please rate this sig!  (Read 18886 times)
Un4givingSlayer

The Iron Man

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 09:28:20 PM »

Here's a sig i was working on while testing some brushes... I think it came out really well so I wanted to show it to u guys. If anyone wants it, i'll give it to the first person that asks for it... I'll change the name for you of course... please rate.

Thanks!  Grin

EDIT:

To GamesR2EZ: Here's the sig for you... I threw in an Avatar as well....

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 10:19:33 PM by Un4givingSlayer » Logged

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 07:07:48 AM »

DUDE I CAN HAVE THAT!?!?!?!?!?!  Shocked
that thing is awesome, i love it, lol
but seriously can i have it?!?
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »

8/10 the blue one is too illuminated make it darker

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Un4givingSlayer

The Iron Man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 09:40:59 AM »

DUDE I CAN HAVE THAT!?!?!?!?!?!  Shocked
that thing is awesome, i love it, lol
but seriously can i have it?!?

You can have it... When i get home, i'll edit that post, and change the sig to the one with ur name. I'll PM you when i have it done....

8/10 the blue one is too illuminated make it darker

The blue "one"? I'm not sure what ur talking about... There's a lot of blue in this sig, so ur gonna have to be more specific...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 09:42:45 AM by Un4givingSlayer » Logged

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 10:01:06 AM »

uhg... the top sig needs a little less light to make it like a midnight blue that would give it a 10/10

All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Un4givingSlayer

The Iron Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 10:10:23 AM »

uhg... the top sig needs a little less light to make it like a midnight blue that would give it a 10/10

Oh... LOL! I was only displaying the top Sig dude.... the bottom one is the Sig that i currently have.... The background is actually black, and appears slightly like midnight blue because of the blue glow effects.

Since i pretty much flattened everything except for the corner patterns and text, it may very well remain the way it is now, but i'll keep that in mind the next time I make a Sig....

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 10:13:57 AM »

cool

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 02:23:18 PM »

Ok first off you need to fix up the border lines around the sig, make the border thinkness around 2-3 pts and make the fade a little less BIG u know tighten it up.
 second, get rid of wat evers on that dudes face in the middle of that pic, make at guy in the center like 95-100% opacity and the other two on the corners like 85-90 a dark light opacity
 third the little wiggly lines on the top right and bottom left hand corner have to get  way smaller, be the border, or have to go. ANd finally make your name smaller and softer

and yeah thats all i have to say other then that its a 8/10 Grin and the ideas a 10/10
Very, Very, Very GOOD job though

ps. dont save them as jpeg, jpg ok save them as PNG they work much better then jpg Wink trust me oo and wat do U think about my new sig
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 03:19:39 PM by Snipes101 » Logged
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 02:29:34 PM »

1/10.

That render is way over used, I don't see a consistent light source so it just looks random, there isn't much point in having 3 renders in the sig, the color of the renders doesn't get near the color of the background, theres not even an attempt at blending, the border is a joke, and the font doesn't look like it would work anywhere and its way to big.
Sorry if I'm being harsh, theres some nice effects in there but i wouldn't use it Tongue
dwheelz
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »

1/10, dont like it at all and gay anime
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 03:23:37 PM »

gay anime? thats a video game...  assassins creed

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 10:13:17 PM »

Snipes change the font and i think its pretty useful.
Un4givingSlayer

The Iron Man

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 11:31:23 PM »

Ok first off you need to fix up the border lines around the sig, make the border thinkness around 2-3 pts and make the fade a little less BIG u know tighten it up.
 second, get rid of wat evers on that dudes face in the middle of that pic, make at guy in the center like 95-100% opacity and the other two on the corners like 85-90 a dark light opacity
 third the little wiggly lines on the top right and bottom left hand corner have to get  way smaller, be the border, or have to go. ANd finally make your name smaller and softer

and yeah thats all i have to say other then that its a 8/10 Grin and the ideas a 10/10
Very, Very, Very GOOD job though

I wanted to stay away with the average "solid color" border, and go with something different. I think the glow border looks good, is subtle, and still accomplishes the seperation. All the images are at 90% opacity, and increasing the middle one to 95% wouldn't have made much difference, and bringing it up to 100% would of made it much more prominent than I wanted it to be. I guess I could of made the corner patterns a little smaller....

1/10.

That render is way over used, I don't see a consistent light source so it just looks random, there isn't much point in having 3 renders in the sig, the color of the renders doesn't get near the color of the background, theres not even an attempt at blending, the border is a joke, and the font doesn't look like it would work anywhere and its way to big.
Sorry if I'm being harsh, theres some nice effects in there but i wouldn't use it Tongue

Overused? Where? I haven't seen it anywhere on this site.... And if it's used a lot on other forums so be it, but that has nothing to do with my sig... Master Chief is also used in many sigs, but I wouldn't bash someones sig for having it, or rate it any lower. Who says there has to be a point in having 3 "renders" as u like to call it? I think is breath of fresh air, especially from your bland sigs which is always using one subject (or as u like to call it "render") that is always centered. It's like u have some kind of obsession with having everything symmetrical. Try using a DIFFERENT layout. I don't know WTF u mean by "blending", becuase I definitely did blend....

Lighting? WTF?!? If u look at my subject, the light is coming from the right side on ALL 3 of them... The background is just that, the background... It's not supposed to be a "light source". And if it looks random, then GOOD! That's what its supposed to be. Againg, with your obsession with symmetry and uniformity, it's like everything has to be the same with you. The border serves it's purpose, your post is the joke...

The fonts are working just fine, I made them that size to make it easier to read... And I know u wouldn't use these effects, because ur stuck on doing the same thing every effin' time....

Next time try posting some "Constructive" criticism, instead of making a "Failed" attempt at pointing out what's wrong with my sig....

As Snafupossum pointed out, it's not Anime, It's the main character from "Assassin's Creed". You also need to learn how to make constructive critism. Your post was pointless and a waste of space and memory. You should of saved yourself and everyone else the trouble, and just NOT have posted at all.

I'd expect to get bashed, burned, and smitten for this post, but I don't really care too much for that. Because honestly.... What did u THINK i was gonna do?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 11:37:40 PM by Un4givingSlayer » Logged

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 11:52:09 PM »

haha, dude I didn't mean to offend you. Plus I do lower the rating on a sig that has a render I've seen used before, you should try making your own. I'm gonna let the fact that you went on the offence go because you haven't been using photoshop long, yes most of my work ends up in the center because that is my style of work. The font is a little big and sig would look better a little smaller. But don't worry you'll get better with time Wink
Un4givingSlayer

The Iron Man

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 11:45:43 AM »

...I'm gonna let the fact that you went on the offence go....

You say that as if i'm supposed to be scared or concerned... Well, guess what... I'm neither. Honestly, what are you gonna do anyways? Flame me?

...you haven't been using photoshop long....

That's quite an assumption....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 11:57:39 AM by Un4givingSlayer » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: