Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 01:36:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A softmod Question  (Read 9623 times)
h3rpilit3s
« on: January 04, 2006, 09:33:21 PM »

So a while back I softmodded my box but couldnt ftp into it to save my life.  I tryed everything.  So after it wouldnt let me I just restored it back to original (also to play on xbl).  Maybe I had an old exploit or something I really dont no.  The reason I want to softmod is to copy files to pc and make an ISO so I can install a bigger hd for messing around and modding maps.  Then restore the xbox hd back to original so I can play xbl and not worry about anything.  Ill just install a switch for going back and forth for each hd. My question is:

1. Can softmod and restore as many times as I want or is there some kind of limit.  Because if it doesnt work again I want to restore.

Thanks for your help in advance.
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 08:57:31 AM »

It's just a hard drive man, no limit... you'd have to do it thousands of times to have an effect. mod away Smiley if you need help.. let us know.

kingyiff
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 12:29:46 PM »

SMD is right .. there is no limit to the uninstalling and installing of the softmod.

If you have any problems or anything just come to the chat and we can help.
h3rpilit3s
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 04:40:44 PM »

Ya I kinda thought so.  I just thought I read somewhere that you could only do it once because somthing with xbl.  I did it yesterday anyways (i said f%ck it) and everything worked out just fine.  Now I just need to make an ISO for my other hd.  One more question, if I wanna play xbl I just turn soft mod off but do I delete the splinter cell exploits.
kingyiff
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 04:48:43 PM »

All you have to do to play xbl is turn off the softmod .. you shouldn't have to delete anything.

But then again I would wait till someone agree's with me because I could be wrong.
jebus989
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 04:55:44 PM »

Read my extensive tutorial!!

lol naw i play

*depending on what installer package you used* you *may* be able to turn off your softmod without deleting anything (possible certainly with krayzies UXE, nDure and i beleive UDE2/1 - I have no experience with auto installer deluxe). If your using an older softmod it may not be able to turn off in which case you would have to return the xbox to retail state.
h3rpilit3s
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 09:46:38 PM »

I have the option to turn it off but on the xbox memory game saves it still has the linux installer.  So i dont need to delet that right.
jebus989
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 09:40:28 AM »

no its just a gamesave Wink
sinkableplague
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 08:36:34 PM »

i need help actually playing the softmods on halo 2 i have the modded xbox and an FTP connection but i cant play the mods in games
h3rpilit3s
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 03:03:15 PM »

I personaly havent messed with those mods yet but I think there are single player maps and multi/split screen maps.  Did you mod the right one.  If I am wrong someone please correct me.
sinkableplague
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 05:51:23 PM »

yea i modded the containment one and the map still looks the exact same maybe im saving it in the wrong spot please someone tell me i cant find any tuts on this ive looked for a week strait for a tut on this but didnt find one
jebus989
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 09:34:22 AM »

clear your caches

load your exploit (krayzies only) go extras and clear cache

or

delete anything inside e:cache x: y: and z:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: