Softmod Depot
April 24, 2024, 08:36:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TSSP - Top Secert Serial Port, Mod Your Wii With Multiple Modchips  (Read 3998 times)
GamezR2EZ
« on: October 24, 2007, 07:01:18 PM »

So this guide will just guide you through the thick world of Putting a Serial Port on you Wii (See Picture)

While you don't have to put the port there (or on the Wii at all, you can ust run wires out) i recommend mounting it there, it seems to be the best choice

First let me explain what the modchip would require, solder several (5-6 normally) wires to the DVD drive of your Wii, thus far all modchips solder to the below location

The different Points are for the following:
---------------------------------------------------
CycloWiz:         WiiKey:            WiiNja:
Point 3 = A       Point 2 = 3       Point 3 =5
Point 4 = B       Point 3 = 4       Point 4 = 7
Point 6 = C       Point 4 = 5       Point 6 = 6
Point 7 = S       Point 6 = 6
Point 8 = X

Point 5 is your ground

Ill probably update later, as some of that might be wrong

Basically what this does is, you solder 9 wires to various points on the Board (corresponding to what your modcihp wants, most all the basics are covered in the guide points)
These connecting wires will be soldered directly to the serial port on the back of your Wii.
Thats it. You never even have to put a chip on there, and your Wii wont change its function (nor will Nintendo be able to detect this at any time)

Why Do This?

Couple of reasons:
1. you can change chips without de-soldering, or even opening your Wii!!
2. Chip Functions Exactally the same as if directly connected to the motherboard (assuming all the connecting points on both end are good)
3. Its the ULTIMATE stealth mode, lol
4. By simply desoldering these wires, you can send you wii back to factory condition, no mod chip damage (unless you totally blew it at soldering)
5. Modchip goes bad NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!! You at worst just have to get a new chip (better than screwing up your Wii)
6. Give you some skill in the Electronics repair field and you can make your OWN modchip!!
7. You can think of this as an Extention of the Wires, this means you can do this forany chip of any kind

I also wanna do this for the Datel Drive Doctor, this wat its not always connected, but i can use it when i want.

This site has alot more on HOW to do it.

This is excellent for some looking to try out several modchips, with out the doe-ray-mie (i spell it like that) for several Wii's

Your Plug-N-Play modcihp will be looking something like this

it looks like crap but thats just a template, as long as the wires connect you can shove it in a case and hid the hideousness, lol

The end product will lok something like this

So if your intrested (i am just order the parts i need, you can get the mat radio shack) you to can make your own modchip and serial port!!! Plus its freakin awesome to say you built your own modchip, even if you didnt think of the plan yourself!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: