Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 03:41:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dashboards  (Read 9572 times)
Justicebeserved
« on: January 04, 2006, 02:59:01 PM »

Ok, what dashboard do you put on your xboxs that you mod? Ive been researchin and all but i cant find which ones best or nething. I'd try n put one on myself but i'd prlly mess ^ and according to the comp. they make a double boot switch or something...pleeze help? ive got tuts and the programs for everything but the dashes. TY
jebus989
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 03:08:39 PM »

is your xbox modded? If so how?

I have used a wide range of dashes to decide which one i like best. For downright simplicity - a good starter dash - would have to be EvoX. For playing media it would have to be XBMC and for coolness it has to be UIX.

I think your talking about a dual boot system. This is when an alternative dashboard is loaded depending on the disk tray status when the xbox starts up. e.g. if you turned the xbox on with the tray open>dash 1, if you turn on the xbox with dash closed>dash2. It's fairly easy to set up if your interested.
kingyiff
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 03:09:05 PM »

HAHA, nevermind me ... jebus beat me to it!

First thing to do is mod your xbox .. unless you have already done that. You didn't really say if you have or haven't ... there is a tut here > http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=19.0 < that will get you modded. Then you can choose what dash you want between EvoX or UnleashX.

I like them both but prefer EvoX for the simplicity. Smiley Choose whichever one you want.
Justicebeserved
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 03:24:22 PM »

Ok, well I sorta kinda get what ur saying. But a definition might help seeing as im new at this. The dashboard is what u get when u dont put a disk in and microsoft provides one w/somewhat limited options if i do say. Im still lookin round for "dashboards" but like do i simply download it and install it w/a cd cuz accordin to the afterdawn tuts ive found i cant ftp something w/out already having an alternate dashboard on my xbox. and no i dont have my xbox modded im simply tryin 2 figure out if i have the skillz needed b4 i do. TY
jebus989
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 03:43:52 PM »

Ok don't worry about it. A dashboard is the xboxes user interface - a menu of options basicaly.

If you are softmodding - two dashboards (UnleashX and EvoX) are incorporated in the installer package we reccomend (krayzies UXE). You won't need to add a dash by FTP unless you want to.

Either way you need to mod your xbox first.
Justicebeserved
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 07:56:37 PM »

So....in your guys's softmod package thats in the store thing its the softmod and all but does that include an alternate dashboard like EvoX, or avalaunch...etc? And if No are they hard 2 install, and just where might I find 1? TY
kingyiff
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 09:16:32 PM »

The installer comes with evox and unleashx ... any other dashs you would have to ftp.

you can find the other dashs at the usual places .. come to the chat and we can help you out
jebus989
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 09:38:50 AM »

Youre allowed to say #xbins here afaik. that 'the usual places' cr@p just confuses people.
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 09:52:26 AM »

Youre allowed to say #xbins here afaik. that 'the usual places' cr@p just confuses people.
What the flip does afaik mean? that cr@p confuses me. Jebus.. find Dr Fweega, we need to talk to you about serious ish. but good ish none the less... as if ish could be good... i want macaroni and cheese.

jebus989
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 10:21:25 AM »

A.F.A.I.K. = As Far As I Know; T.Y.W.K.T. = Thought You Would Know That

what confuses me is why we cant say pippin the seagull with hyphens (pippin- the-seagull (minus the space)!!!?! <FLY PIPPIN FLY> , <FLY PIPPIN FLY> ...it sucks
kingyiff
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 12:17:48 PM »

it's very serious ish !
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 12:56:58 PM »

YES. I AGREE! we shall investigate FOR WE ARE DETECTIVES

jebus989
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 01:17:58 PM »

wohooo
Justicebeserved
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 02:52:21 PM »

You guys r nuts but thanx 4 answerin my questions and my xbox'll prlly be on its way sooner or l8er. Thanx and ur site rox my sox
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: