Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 04:42:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is it possible to make a nethost fs for the xbox?  (Read 6858 times)
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2007, 08:51:30 AM »

ok well i have all of my backups for my psp games on the xbox and i want to play them through nethost in irshell i hust want to know how hard it is to do that or if it's possible to do  it through ftp thanks for your responce

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 10:56:31 AM »

Just follow this exactly and your set!

1. Download IrShell v1.6 from AhMan's website http://www.ahman.co.nr/
   2. Download the Network Host File System Server for Windows...
   3. Extract and Install IrShell onto your v1.0/v1.5 PSP
   4. Extract the Network Host File System Server file to anywhere on your pc that you want to view, my suggestions is the root, this allows complete access.
   5. Launch IrShell
   6. Press R+Start and start the Configurator
   7. Scroll down to NetHost IP Address option.
   8. Click 'X'
   9. Now, leave it there for a second while you obtain your IP Address on the local machine.
  10. To do this, start the Command Prompt.
Way 1: Start->Run->'cmd'
Way 2: Start->All programs->Accessories->Command Prompt
 Way 3: Go into any text editing software, and type in:
"command.com" without the quotes and save it as a .bat
 file.
  11. Now, you may need Admin privleges so, react appropriatley
  12. Type in the command prompt: "ipconfig" without the quotes
  13. Where it says: IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.PORT#here.PORT#he re
Remember that number or just keep it open
  14. Go to your configurator on your PSP again
  15. You should be editing the defualt Ip address provided
  16. Replace it with what you get on that line in the command prompt... in my case, i had recieved: IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101
So id replace the default IP address in teh configurator with 192.168.1.101
  17. Now press Start
  18. Now go down 1 option and youll see the XMB Network Config Entry for Nethost: with a defualt of 1...
  19. Set this to whatever number'd connection your using... Meaning if the connection you want to use is ,in the XMB, 3rd on the list, set this number to 3.
  20. Press start.
  21. Enable or Disable the Redirection of APP view to host for ms0:/ mounting (for launching folder specific homebrew)
  22. Press 'O' to save settings
  23. Now go to where you had extracted the Network Host File System Server file, and run the nethostfs.exe file
  24. Now, a command prompt should pop up and stay up.. this is opening a port on your computer for the PSP to access, so fire wall'd or not, allow it.
  25. Now, just go to your IrShell and if set correctly, press: L+Analog-DOWN and it should initialize your connection and in that command prompt, print some multi-threading issues and what not...
  26. NOW! If running homebrew via PC, press: L+Analog-RIGHT This redirects AKA mounts your nethost0:/ drive as ms0:/
  27. If you are wanting to stream music and such, just go to the filebrowser, click the '..' AKA cd out of the current directory. Keep doing this until you reach the root of your memory stick... If you click it again, your into the drive selection menu. Here you can view files (if connected) on your HDD via nethost0:/, USb if connected and intialized via usbhost0:/ and UMD via disc0:/... then the reuglar ms0:/ for memory stick

Since I know most will be using this new IrShell to stream EVERY WAKING THING THEY HAVE.... I hope you enjoy and ask questions as to how to set this up since I have via this method.

Now, any time you NEED to Wifi - ically connect, just go to the drive selection in the file browser and click 'nethost0:/' and it will auto matically connect.

NOTE

Wifi = wireless = data transfer NO 2.0 USB speed...
I viewed a 356 kb BMP and it took 4 seconds to blit to the screen... So when launching homebrew, please allow sometime to blit...

Also, I suggest going into the configurator and disabling preview of the Saved Data icon and Home Brew preview since it has to transfer the preview data of the image, so it takes like 2 seconds to go from one to another...

Best Regards!
~SG57

Original
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 11:10:25 AM »

hey thanks yachi for doing the research!

All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 11:11:08 AM »

No problem.
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 11:15:17 AM »

wait a sec after reading i found that this just tells me what i know already... i want to do this for my xbox not my pc...

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 11:16:22 AM »

Ok i think it wouldn't be too hard if your runnin linux on it.
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 11:31:31 AM »

good point i'll try that

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: