Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 07:31:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The PS3 SAK (Swiss Army Knife) v1.00  (Read 9650 times)
Ricochet
Technical Support Team
Jr. Modder

-]c[0]re[-

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2007, 12:18:03 PM »

CJPC has released an incredibly useful application for the PS3 using the OtherOS Open Platform concept. PS3 Swiss Army Knife (SAK), appropriately titled, provides a web interface that enables the following:

* Check Blu-Ray Disk size
    * Format internal PS3 HDD
    * Back-up iSO to internal PS3 HDD
    * Back-up iSO to external EXT3 HDD
    * Back-up iSO via wired network, to Windows Network Share
    * Explore HDD (Linux side), and download files to a PC.
    * Explore Blu-Ray Disks, and download files to a PC (with UDF 2.5 Support!)
    * Reboot console
    * Reboot console to PS3 GameOS
    * Poweroff console

Note: With SAK v1.00 you can now dump your PS3/Blu-Ray disc images without installing PS3 Linux, however, you must still format the PS3 HDD prior (as if you were going to install PS3 Linux) in order to install/use the OtherOS– this is a $ony requirement unfortunately.

How to install: using a memory or USB stick, or CD-R, etc… Copy “otheros.bld” (included in the RAR archive) & “otheros.self” (see below) to “/PS3/OTHEROS/”. Insert your removable media and from the XMB (Settings -> System Settings) run “Install Other OS.” Set the default boot to OtherOS, reboot, and you should be good to go.

If you require further assistance, have a look at Sony’s official Open Platform web site.
   -http://www.playstation.com/ps3-openplatform/manual.html

You can fetch the PS3 OtherOS Installer (otheros.self) here. 
    -http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/17

Download: PS3 SAK v1.00   
     -http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/18

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 07:51:21 AM »

thats cool  Now if they can make a app like that to Load backup games off HDD/DVD =) that be sweet
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 08:52:41 AM »

yeah i was just asking Ricochet (get some type off nickname dude, lol) if this was likely to happen, i would get a PS3 if i could backup games, thats really the one thing i look for in a Mod, cause i hate changing discs

but this has some potential in regards to that me thinks

(can some stop me from posting when im loopy BTW, i find post i forgot i wrote and such, its annoying)
Ricochet
Technical Support Team
Jr. Modder

-]c[0]re[-

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 09:57:56 AM »

it took the psp a bit before we can write any codes for it, same thing with the ps3 but if people keep upgrading there going to be SOL cuz there going to work with the lowest FW or the hackable one, aka 1.50-1.60

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 06:36:07 PM »

but dont think that ps3 firmware 1.5 is going to be hackable since the psp one was, heck, 2.0 might be the hackable one, you never know.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 07:35:53 PM »

yea i am hopeing "Home" will Make a Hole in the FW  that be Cool =)
Ricochet
Technical Support Team
Jr. Modder

-]c[0]re[-

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 09:18:44 PM »

but dont think that ps3 firmware 1.5 is going to be hackable since the psp one was, heck, 2.0 might be the hackable one, you never know.

snafu

its all about flaws, what is a reason for newer version of another product, to fix the mistakes in the one before it, think about it, its as simple as tiein a shoe, you didnt tie it right the first time, so the second time you tie it better......

2.0 might be hackable......but thats month's mabey a year if i no away from us it could even happen tommaro, but if there going to make more FW's there is obviously flaws in the other ones we have yet to discover...

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 08:37:47 AM »

yeah i know, thats what im talking about. but just like psp, ps3 firmwares might have different exploits, like for instance, only certain downgraders work for certain firmwares for psp.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: