Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 01:12:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiimote on PC \ Wii Remote IR  (Read 2590 times)
GamezR2EZ
« on: October 16, 2007, 08:50:09 AM »

so i wrote a tutorial for the bluetooth portion, no ill tell you how to use the InfaRed sensor for you PC
i'll try to make this clearer, and mabye i'll put some pictures  Tongue

Things you have to have:

A Wii (yes the whole console this time)
A Wiimote
A Bluetooth adapter
A Hand (or something to hold on to the Wiimote, in case you misplaced your hand)
A Computer Running XP (again Vista works, but i haven't tried it, and i hear it doesnt work great)
A Couple Files, i'll link you to them later

Ok, First lets Start off by looking into this Bluetooth thing, not all Bluetooth adapters work, only certain ones have been tested and out of those only a few work. Check this site for details.

i am using the Kensington Model # 33348, it works for me, i can't vouch for the rest
Let's say you have this one, below is the drivers needed to use the Wiimote (if you don't have this adapter, then i can't tell you what drivers you'll need to make this work, however a quick search will reveal ALOT)
If you don't have this adapter skip down to Starting the Process

Drivers for Kensington 33348 -
Now, don't install the drivers that came with it (if you already have, uninstall them) get the correct drivers here
install those

Starting the Process

Connect your Wiimote, you can use this guide on how to connect it (unless your using a different program), simply if you see the green arrows, its connected, if not try again (with working adapter)
Disconnect your Wiimote (if not already)
Use the Wiimote to turn on the Wii (you dont need video)
Make sure the sensor bar is on the TV\Monitor you want to use
Next download GlovePIE here (the mirror is always up, try that if it doesnt work on the first one, i.e. Bandwidth is used up)
Now connect your Wiimote to the PC
Start glovePIE
Goto File>Open
find your GlovePIE directory, in there is a folder called WiimoteScripts, open that
Now find the file "Wiimote IR.PIE"
Open it

Assumming that you did the correct process above, the Wii is turned on, and Wiimote connected to your computer, Click Run at the top

If everything went according to plan then you Wiimote should be able to control you mouse now!!
if not, repeat the process, i just used this method and it works, if it doesn't for you, do a little research, then post here your problems, i'll see if i can help

Who would have thought it would be this easy?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 08:07:35 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: