Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 10:55:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running Programs From Flash Drive  (Read 9469 times)
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2007, 01:31:39 PM »

Ok, I have an extra flash drive lying around, a 512MB drive, and I have no use for it. So, I put programs on it. I know that SMDepot is legal and what-not, but is there a way to put programs, like WinRAR, on a flash drive, and have it cracked? I put WinRAR on mine, tryed it on an unknown computer, and it wasnt cracked. I know it uses the App Data folder on the PC, but is there a way, while not installing a OS on the flash drive, to have it and others fully cracked?

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 01:44:07 PM »

Only u3 programs could run from a usb key.

Look here
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 01:48:48 PM »

I am confused. Is that winRAR for just the flash drive? I can run programs off of my flash drive, but I cant keep tha crack intact with it. Is there a place where I can go to get ALL the programs I would ever need, for U3, and for free?

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 01:52:16 PM »

U3 programs are designed to run from a flash drive.

So just pay the $10 or whatever for it Angry
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 01:54:50 PM »

is the 10$ for POwerISO, winRAR, Trillian pro, ect.? or 10$ for it all?

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 01:55:31 PM »

My god how much do you pirate?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 02:06:26 PM »

My god how much do you pirate?

if he is like most people, everything
if you crack one thing youre probably cracking it all, me i crack stuff, if i like it I BUY IT, otherwise i didnt like it and delete it
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 02:13:14 PM »

I dont like spending money on software, when I can get it for free. I bought only 2 programs:Zone Alarm and McAfee.

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 02:14:02 PM »

Well aren't you just nice  Angry
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 07:28:22 PM »

Yes Smiley

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 12:19:33 AM »

Ok, I have an extra flash drive lying around, a 512MB drive, and I have no use for it. So, I put programs on it. I know that SMDepot is legal and what-not, but is there a way to put programs, like WinRAR, on a flash drive, and have it cracked? I put WinRAR on mine, tryed it on an unknown computer, and it wasnt cracked. I know it uses the App Data folder on the PC, but is there a way, while not installing a OS on the flash drive, to have it and others fully cracked?

it wont be cracked on any other pc, because, the regiestry fo the progrma is not in the program files, rather the windows system files part of the hard drive. ive sucessfully been able to run photoshop7, vlc, firefox, macromedia flash mx, emulators. And from a network drive, ive successfully ran photoshop cs2, halo pc, unreal 2k4, doom 95, counterstrike

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 02:54:38 PM »

from a network drive i can run anything, well just about
its setup (everything installed on the computer, then i regedit to "adjust" some of the file install location)
i stream the files from the network drive to a temp folder that the Registry looks for (i think i put it in Local Settings some where) but there is a program that will auto stream anything you configurate to (in this case programs) i have the program icons changed to execute this streaming process, which then executes the program

this is obviously the long way around, but so far i havent found a program that doesnt work in this fashion (remeber it was installed on the PC and then "moved") and i have a gigabyte router so i dont have to wait long for the program to copy itself over (truthfully i cant even notice anything at all, but it does lag a little more than normal i would assume)

anyway to run a cracked program on another pc from a flash drive would be simple
you would just need to tell the registry where the program is installed and what not (this is also the area where a serial # would be stored) and simply double click the registry file to "install" it (telling it to look to the drive letter the flash drive is) and hope it doesnt glitch up
other than programs that are built for this, its kinda of not worth the effort to make it do this, just carry the installer on the flashdrive, easier
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 04:09:08 PM »

I think I will just have the program on the Flash drive then have the crack there and just install the crack every computer I use it on.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 04:43:41 PM »

other than programs that are built for this, its kinda of not worth the effort to make it do this, just carry the installer on the flashdrive, easier

smart move, alot easier
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: