Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 09:42:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Make New Xbox HDD without installing Softmod  (Read 66588 times)
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 04:33:05 PM »

rattmansam is right a custom comp is better, but if you dont have one you have to work with what you got, so again what be the error?
z4ch_d1zzl3
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 11:25:54 PM »

Well after i change it all out and stuff it says something cant be found or something ... so i messed with the BIOS didnt help any
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:34:30 AM by Yachi » Logged
TheRidges
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 02:55:45 AM »

lol this is probably old but i just seen this tutorial online(youtube)
and the xbox's nickname is "The Ridges Finest"
and thats definitely me i have yet to see anybody else ever with that nick name and i have been on the xbox mod scene for a while now.....just wondering if u had picked up that installer from xbins or another source...
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 04:22:20 AM »

No it's my friends Xbox and he named his Xbox The Ridges Finest

he uses that name a lot
Killakia
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 12:47:30 PM »

With soft moding does it really matter what type of drive I get. As long as its on the posted list? I was reading some of the comments and they were talking about chips and only getting half the storage.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 05:36:26 PM »

Um sure, you can really get any HDD and it should work, but if your talk about mod chips im sorry idk that
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 06:07:08 PM »

truthfully most of the drives that "dont work" its only cause they cant be locked, and thus if you have a modchip ANY drive should work, because yo ucan boot into an unlocked HDD

but if yo uget one of the recommended list youre safe from every angle, with any modchip
z4ch_d1zzl3
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2008, 05:16:51 PM »

i get problems right from the start .... im trying to make the disk and i click on make iso win bat and it just disappears and dont make it... what do i do?
Longshark
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 05:19:46 AM »

Hello Iam new Here I Wanted To Know if I can Install a New IDE Lockable Harddrive on Xbox or SoftModded Xbox with a Laptop I have 3 Laptops
1.Windows
2.WindowsXP
3.Vista
I already Asked the Man Himself ZZk and He said He wasnt Sure So I was wondering if any one Else here would Know If I can Do it with a Laptop:)HuhHuh
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 08:29:02 AM »

the problem with the laptop is the hdd cant be locked
also it would be harder to veiw the contents of the drive (if its even possible)

IF it can work, the hardrive in your laptop would have to be IDE Channel 1 MASTER
and your CD\DVD drive would have to be secondary Master
and you would have to use a converter like this
but this is a hard thing to make fit in a laptop, and that doesnt garuntee it will work

but thats what would have to happen

(PS zzk doesnt know anything Tongue Jk Wink )
Longshark
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 07:19:58 PM »

First of all thanks for Replying to my Q-Question LOLLOL Smiley Whats a IDE Channel 1 MASTER Huh and a CD/DVD drive I have one:) and What do you mean it has to be Secondary Master Huh What is this Huh
And this Converter U Speak off Shocked Can I go to a Computer Store buy it  and get it installed inside my Laptop well it Screw up my Laptop if I try to install a New HDD to my Xbox after I get this Converter installed to my Laptop or is there Like a External Converter I can use Smiley
and Can i Just Buy one of those Big Square Devices that i think there known as a Computer that has Harddrives and Connected to my Laptop Cheesy or Can i Just Buy A Cheezy Computer Cheesy
Sorry I only Know like the Basics for PC I know a lot about Laptops and the Basics for Modding Systems Like Modding,Psps,ps1,ps2,Dreamcast, Now I have Succesfully Learned How to Softmod my Xbox thanks to ZZK hes one of the Greatest modding Teachears I met Online Thanks again Now I know how to Softmod:) but as you can see Iam Stuck Because I want to Install a Bigger HDD by using a Laptop because I dont have a PC Cry
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 10:39:41 PM »

Whats a IDE Channel 1 MASTER Huh

im sorry, but if you have to ask that then there is no way you can pull this off
not being offencive, but it requires some deal of skill (not saying it even IS possible) to even attempt this

points....

you cant use anything external
you need access to a Primary Master IDE port

if you dont have a PC, you wont be able to do this upgrade
find a pc yo ucan borrow\use and i can help you out no problem
Longshark
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 11:08:26 PM »

Okay Cool I was talking to ZZk again and He recommended me to get a PC so what Iam Going to is Go to a Goodwill,SwapMeet, this Saturday and Buy the Most Cheezy PC either a Windows97or98 I Just want to get a PC is to Install the New Harddrive on my Xbox Iam Not Going to use it for anything else:) if theres any Else I should Know or need Before Buying it Please let me Know and Thank you Iam Not Taking it Offencively in Fact I appreciate your help and Knowledge
Please contact me ASAP
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 09:10:39 AM »

lol you speak of zzk like a god
its easier if you think of him like you or i
he didnt make any of this stuff up, he just took the time to show people, and write those tuts.... and make videos.....

ok so he is a god lol

anyway, you dont even need an OS on the harddrive, it just needs to have a cd drive in it, so just look for a working computer basically
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 09:35:06 AM »

I AM YOUR GOD!!!!   Tongue Tongue

Anyway  Yea any working pc should work  i found oldder PCs work best =)

i use a SUPER old  HP i got back when i was 13 =)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: