Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 08:55:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i Phone Hacks Montage* Threw Text Form *  (Read 3589 times)
Ricochet
Technical Support Team
Jr. Modder

-]c[0]re[-

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2007, 08:50:06 PM »

iFlash — Add An External Flash for the iPhone Camera

I was terribly saddened when I first picked up an iPhone and started snapping some pics; realization of a lacking camera flash soon set in. Turning my frown upside down is Joe, who came up with this clever yet simple hardware hack. Joe has written a tutorial detailing the steps on how to add your own external flash to the iPhone. It’s actually quite simple.

Despite taking place in late September; it’s definitely deserving of a spot here on iPhone Hacks. After all, it is a pretty dope hack.

Requirements:

1. iPhone dock connector. You can get these anywhere, Joe salvaged his from an old car charger.
   2. LED’s. 3mm super-bright white LED’s are preferable.
   3. Tact switch. Get the smallest you can: it may be a squeeze, depending on your dock connector.
   4. (optional) 10 ohm resistor. Not really needed, since the output voltage of the iPhone is 3.3v anyways, but its always good to play it safe.
   5. Soldering iron + solder
   6. Drill/Dremel/Soldering Iron Sad
   7. Hot glue/Super glue

[---Some Updated iPhone Games & Apps…---]
Those not using Installer, here are some updates for ya…

ApolloIM — the iPhone instant messenger client is now at v1.0.2. Sudoku for the iPhone has been released, sitting stable at version 1.0. Control your PC remotely using VNsea (VNC viewer) v0.3. And the list goes on — Customize v1.08 — the app allowing complete customization of iPhone icons, sounds, dialogs, system interface strings, you name it…

[--- iPhone Voip ---]
The company TruPhone plans to release a VoIP application native to the iPhone. This means users will have the added ability to place phone calls over a Wi-Fi connection instead of using their GSM provider. Unfortunately there is nothing available for public consumption yet; however, the dudes at blognation confirm its legitimacy.

The app’s current state defines a true hack job; utilizing an iPhone terminal, the VoIP client instructs the phone to use its on-board SIP stack to place calls over WiFi instead of the inserted SIM. It’s suggested the application will seamlessly switch between your carrier’s network and WiFi, when within range, of course. I would imagine that being configurable to some extent.

According to the company they expect to release a beta in ~ 4 weeks time. TruPhone.com will be accepting registrations on their site — on a first come, first serve basis.

- source: blognation

[--- ApolloIM v1.0 — an Improved IM Client for the iPhone ---]

At last, thank you libpurple! And of course the entire ApolloIM project team. Now introducing a somewhat universal iPhone instant messenger client — not only AIM support this time, but MSN, DotMac, and ICQ too!

The last time we saw ApolloIM it was quite lacking; version (minus) -1, which evidently spoke for itself. Today, well, 19 hours ago, the team released version (positive) 1.0.

It’s stable, it’s fresh, it’s instant messaging on the iPhone — yes yes y’all!

ApolloIM v1.0 changelog:

* Added support for DotMac, ICQ, MSN in addition to AIM. Through libpurple.
    * Buddylist notification of open conversation
    * Multiple account sign on - I’ve been on 8 accounts at once, although, I wouldn’t recommend more than 2-3 active accounts on edge, otherwise it gets slow real quick
    * Sectioned buddy list by accounts
    * Away / Unaway via the pretty green dot in the upper right. Tap it, turns red, you’re away. Tap it again, turns green, you’re back.
    * Support for Alias’d buddy names.
    * Support for Status Messages - shows up in the buddy list
    * Time Stamps in conversation windows
    * Removed Buddyinfo, for now
    * Preparing to add a pane to “Settings” - eliminates need for “Prefs” button for us, will allow extended user options
    * Completely brand new UI
    * Entire application is brand new, recoded from the bottom up. Stability should be amazingly enhanced.
    * Wifi Keepalive still requires summerboard.

Download: ApolloIM v1.0 (or install via Installer.app)[http://www.iphone-hacks.com/downloads/file/40]

- project’s home

[--- Free GPS on the iPhone! Navizon GPS v1.0.1 Released! *Updated* ---]

Update: 1.0.1 is out! Grab it below… Right off the bat I noticed Navizon’s GUI has slightly changed. I would also imagine it improves on stability as a few people reported crashing with v1.0.

This is wig-splittingly awesome! Another must install app has just appeared on Nullriver’s iPhone Installer — Navizon GPS. It will magically locate your existence in the universe and pinpoint your coordinates on the iPhone’s map application.

In order to use this free GPS service, you’re required to register — just a user name & password will do. Upon first launch you’ll be prompted to create an account via SafariMobile.

Damn! It works well; found me — and I have my tinfoil hat on.

Not an Installer advocate? Then download Navizon GPS from us, iPhone Hacks.

Download: Navizon GPS v1.0.1[http://www.iphone-hacks.com/downloads/file/55]

[--- iUNLOCK ---]
iUnlock Reloaded — Improved iPhone Software Unlock!

Update: Here we have the iPhone DEV Team’s GUI — copy to /Applications and run from the Springboard! Source code is next up for release. Smiley

Use iBrickr (Windows) or iNdependence (Mac) to get anySIM.app on your iPhone.

Download: anySIM.app — software GUI unlock

The iPhone DEV Team delivers on their promise — iPhone unlocking made simple, and actually, significantly faster. Lets assume you’re on iPhone software version 1.0.2 with iTunes 7.4.1, and the phone is already activated with functional WiFi; the steps:

1. Windows — download this. Mac OS X — download this.
   2. disable Auto-Lock under Settings -> General -> Auto-Lock (set to “Never”)
   3. jailbreak the phone using whichever app — both are very straight forward.
   4. install SSH:
          * with iBrickr: browse to Applications, install the PXL, follow instructions. Select DropBear SSH afterwards.
          * with iNdependence: click the “SSH” tab, and click “Install SSH/SFTP/SCP”
   5. download the iUnlock Reloaded package; extract it and copy the 3 files to your iPhone — make sure all 3 end up in the same directory. Lets say /usr/bin for the sake of this [dirty] tutorial. I recommend using WinSCP for Windows and Fugu for Mac. iBrickr is also capable of uploading the required files. Just select the appropriate menu item.
   6. SSH to your iPhone — get the IP address under Settings -> Wi-Fi -> the blue arrow next to the connected network.
          * Windows — download putty and create a connection to that IP
          * Mac — Spotlight “Terminal” and double click the app. Type

ssh root@IP_address

The default root password is ‘dottie’
   7. type

cd /usr/bin && chmod +x iUnlock_reloaded
      iUnlock_reloaded

8. wait 3 - 5 mins, and you’re done!

Ok, so maybe it’s not entirely user-friendly just yet, but there is reason behind that; the iPhone Dev Team states, “Sorry for the delay with the GUI version, we working hard on it but we suffer significant problems with the new updates to the toolchain. Some changes seem to have brought up some timing issues which need to be solved first before we can release the shinny application in the wild.”

Resort to our forums should you experience difficulty. We will try our best to help you.

Download: iUnlock Reloaded
[http://www.iphone-hacks.com/downloads/file/49]

[--- More Coming Soon..... ---]

Ricochet
Technical Support Team
Jr. Modder

-]c[0]re[-

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 08:51:21 PM »

[--- NES.app v1.1.2 Released! *Updated* ---]
Update: nervegas has made NES.app v1.1.2 available. Fetch it below & see the CHANGELOG for details.

Its come down to this — NES.app v1.0! Fully optimized, fully functional — it’s the first and only stable Nintendo emulator for the iPhone. Developer nervegas has put in countless hours to perfect NES emulation. We witnessed several release candidates over the past couple of weeks; so keep in mind, if you truly enjoy showing off your pimped-out NES-enabled iPhone, consider donating to nervegas: nervegas@natetrue.com (via PayPal).

NES.app uses a heavily modified version of the InfoNES emulation core to mimic the 6502 processor in a Nintendo Entertainment System, allowing you to play ROM dumps of games designed for the NES console…

NES.app started as a fork of iPhoneNES v0.01, but has been completely rewritten to run very fast, and with many additional features including sound, multitouch support, full-screen, landscape mode, game genie codes, saved games and much more.

See README and CHANGELOG for complete NES.app details.

Download: NES.app v1.1.2
[http://www.iphone-hacks.com/downloads/file/22]
- source: iphone.natetrue.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: