Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 12:01:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PSXLoader — Load [Some] PS2 Homebrew on the PS3  (Read 3452 times)
Ricochet
Technical Support Team
Jr. Modder

-]c[0]re[-

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2007, 08:40:15 PM »

PSXLoader — Load [Some] PS2 Homebrew on the PS3

Hermes, who is well known for PS2 homebrew — PS2Reality Mediaplayer & Guitarfun — has released an experimental homebrew loader for the PS3. Currently supporting only the two said homebrews; PSXLoader certainly demonstrates potential. And once the kinks are ironed out, I would imagine it possible to boot other PlayStation 2 homebrew.

To use (I think): you need firmware 1.90 or later and SWAP MAGIC version 3.6 or later.

Also, you need a series of modules, which are copyrighted by Sony, and for that reason, they’re not distributed in this package.

Here is a Google translation of the release thread:

Here teneis first release of this program, that consists of a shipper who adds/replaces the modules that lack in the BIOS of PS3, as well as the modules USB that use the applications of PS2 (and that are incompatible with the emulation under PS3)

, At the moment single it is prepared to execute my Guitarfun game and the PS2Reality Mediaplayer, since this is one release premature, in order that podais to enjoy these applications already and to solve the problems that appear.

But ahead, one was to improve the GUI and to even increase the degree of virtualizacion, for those applications of PS2 that were suspended and they do not support pendrives or that modules “X” do not use.

Unfortunately with this preliminary version, the readme is Spanish. Pass it through Google Translator for a somewhat clearer understanding.

Download: PSXLoader

- source: elotrolado.net

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: