Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 03:58:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Web Design  (Read 23850 times)
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2007, 02:47:19 PM »

Ok, I got bored of the Xbox(for now) and now I want to explore HTML, CSS, ect. My first question(not to be the last) is: in emails, posts, ect., how do you make a link clickable? I mean I have the link, say it is: http://www.smdepot.net/ . Now, how do i make that so it doesnt say the address, but just SMDepot, while SMDepot is clickable? And how do I change the name of the clickable word(s)?

Un4givingSlayer

The Iron Man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 03:46:33 PM »

Ok, I got bored of the Xbox(for now) and now I want to explore HTML, CSS, ect. My first question(not to be the last) is: in emails, posts, ect., how do you make a link clickable? I mean I have the link, say it is: http://www.smdepot.net/ . Now, how do i make that so it doesnt say the address, but just SMDepot, while SMDepot is clickable? And how do I change the name of the clickable word(s)?

To do that, ur tage would have to read.....

Code:
<a href="http://www.smdepot.net">SmDepot</a>

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 07:16:08 PM »

sorry if this shows as a double post but forget what i said the stupid things not working

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 11:24:10 PM »

sorry if this shows as a double post but forget what i said the stupid things not working
Dude, what??? BTW Slayer, thanx dude.

Un4givingSlayer

The Iron Man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 10:22:40 AM »

It's no problem.... I'm glad i could help...

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 06:29:21 PM »

Dude, you should IM me or tell me your IM address so I can go to you for some of my HTML, CSS questions Smiley

BTW, How do you make your picture move in your profile? How do you post a picture in the first place? I cant do it Sad Yes, I am STILL a n00b Cool
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 06:35:07 PM by coburn2006 » Logged

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 07:38:15 PM »

http://www.lissaexplains.com/ <how i learnt everything i know about css, html java and so on.

p.s. dont open with your friends around, can come off kinda queerish.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 08:01:35 PM »

http://www.lissaexplains.com/ <how i learnt everything i know about css, html java and so on.

p.s. dont open with your friends around, can come off kinda queerish.
HAHAHHAHHHHAAHAAHAHHAH  LMFAO!!!   Dude, that site it for 6-year-old kids!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Well, thanx neway.

Edit: I should make a website like that for adults:)

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 09:10:42 PM »

well its good, cuz most people have the brain of a 6 year old when it comes to this kinda stuff, i know i do.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 09:57:19 PM »

I know. Most everyone here does have the mind of a 6 year old when is comes to HTML/CSS.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 12:56:05 AM »

I am really good at HTML =) i made websites for the boys and grils club back when i was 17.

I even teached it to the kids in the Pc room.

I got into alittle Java But not much. Never did css or php =( 
Un4givingSlayer

The Iron Man

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 08:36:34 AM »

Dude, you should IM me or tell me your IM address so I can go to you for some of my HTML, CSS questions Smiley

BTW, How do you make your picture move in your profile? How do you post a picture in the first place? I cant do it Sad Yes, I am STILL a n00b Cool

I added my MSN and AIM to my profile, so u can IM from there.....

And what do u mean by "making a picture move in your profile"? R u talking about an animated GIF, or have the picture actually scroll? And r u talking about a myspace profile?

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 08:04:05 PM »

I added my MSN and AIM to my profile, so u can IM from there.....

And what do u mean by "making a picture move in your profile"? R u talking about an animated GIF, or have the picture actually scroll? And r u talking about a myspace profile?
Dude, ENGLISH!!! I am still a n00b. I am talking about that pic of Halo guy shooting on your profile.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 08:09:18 PM »

so your talking about a animated gif. you can find those on many websites, or you could make your own, but i think it would be to overwhelming for you to try to learn to make one yourself right now. you can leave everything at once you know Smiley

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 08:21:14 PM »

I am really good at HTML =) i made websites for the boys and grils club back when i was 17.

I even teached it to the kids in the Pc room.

I got into alittle Java But not much. Never did css or php =( 

Cool. Maybe you can give me some tips. I know SOME, not a lot of, Python. As for the school teachings, I taught my computer class how to hack the network Smiley I got suspended Sad

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: