Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 06:22:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PDA\Palm Pilot\Pocket PC  (Read 3144 times)
GamezR2EZ
« on: September 26, 2007, 05:52:14 PM »

so my laptop gone.........

moving on
Im looking for a Palm Pilot\PC\PDA (All of the above Huh) with some features that i would like to know if i can even get with one:

Requirments:
Full internet Capibilitly (Perferably IE7, including FTP and download support, not just page viewing)
Expandable Memory (DUUHHHHH)
Obviously some excelent Computer interface for linking up, which im SURE is a part of one i would get

Optional:

Runs PC apps like Live Messenger and mabye uTorrent (or and apporiate app.  Wink) WITHOUT a special modification, in other words, run the EXE from PDA and install\slash run like a computer

Remote Desktop Connection, so i can loggin to my comp at home

Not neccicerally a Phone, but i wouldnt turn it down

I would LOVE it to a USB port on it, one that i could connect an External HDD, which leads me to my biggest question Will a mobile OS (Such as XP mobile, or the like) support drivers like you would install on a computer without being modified or have a Mobile driver

So i guess all my questions could come down to, is there an OS that will let me run PC apps, without the APP knowing it, if thats the case then i could hook up everything from an external drive, to USB DVD burner from my PDA cause i would be able to install the drivers, you see

anyway im looking into it, so if you know give me some advice, thanx
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:36:50 PM »

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=628&name=Ultra-Mobile-PCs

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: