Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 09:46:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it really true?  (Read 19752 times)
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 07:21:10 PM »

The fact is Windows is here to stay, linux is the "hackers os" it was built for people to make programs around a commom platform, Windows is youre everyday users computer, there is no switch for that

in this World one must know Windows to do anything, and Linux is something that you learn, i believe Linux (in most of its forms Tongue) is an execelent OS, i use it but the Support needed to get it on a Windows everyday level is not and never will be there

If you know Linux you are in good shape, if you know Linux and NOT windows, youre worse off than someone who just knows how to play Solitare on windows, M$ has there OS everywhere and for that WE MUST LEARN INCLUDING VISTA!!!

I agree with you, Linux is good, but there is no BEST out there, while more and more Linux has more support (NVidia, ATI, ect all have drivers for Linux now) Windows is supported by everything, Linux is still ported from WINDOWS

so dont rag on Windows cuase it has a point, and no one is arguing Linux is very good, in Fact this Site is probably run on a Linux box, something windows couldnt do near as easy
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 08:05:15 PM »

Linux is the s**t but since theres so many linux illiterate people theres not a lot of good stuff made for it. And linux doesnt have exelent visual features, the gui is barely a shortcut. But if i could i would run gnome on vista.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: