Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 06:54:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: xboxhdm not working  (Read 9239 times)
r3skyline
« on: September 19, 2007, 09:20:13 PM »

ok, ive softmodded plenty of xbox's now. but for some reason, when i went to make a new cd for a new xbox, xboxhdm doesnt work ne more. it comes up to the options list, but when i select the first one (or any) it just comes up to a black screen and doesnt show ne thing.....any suggestions/help?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 09:30:49 PM »

did you use a different brand of CD-R 

i had this problem myself and it was the different brand of CD-Rs i got that just did not work

the best that work for me is sony's CD-Rs
r3skyline
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 09:37:06 PM »

they actually are sony cd's....  Undecided
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 10:41:06 PM »

I trust Maxell. I dont know if they make mazell cd's. I would just use a Maxell DVD. Smiley

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 10:43:25 PM »

funny you say that when Maxell never works for me LOL  Tongue
r3skyline
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 11:00:06 PM »

well, got around it, for some reason VGA option wasnt working, option 2 worked just fine...so 250GB softmodded xbox Cheesy yay! also couldnt fig out what error 5 was....or 7....turns out it was the jumper...lol...thx tho!
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 11:28:38 PM »

yeah i have a problem with using xboxhdm too it seems to not want to work in my computer but it will work in my brothers computer just fine and he has the same computer as me except his is a lil older than mine by like 6 months or something.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 09:35:05 AM »

yea XboxHDm and be very picky  Undecided
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 10:21:41 AM »

It shouldn't madder that much. What I would do, is reburn your cd at something slow like 2x and see if that helps. Also, remove all other devices (ide) except your cd rom drive and your xbox hd your modding.

Then let us know what happens. I've used every sort of cd-r and dvd-r and they all work. The only problems i've ever had are when i burn too fast.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »

It shouldn't madder that much. What I would do, is reburn your cd at something slow like 2x and see if that helps. Also, remove all other devices (ide) except your cd rom drive and your xbox hd your modding.

Then let us know what happens. I've used every sort of cd-r and dvd-r and they all work. The only problems i've ever had are when i burn too fast.
Well I burned mine on a Sony DVD+RW which seems to work fine in my moms computer and my bros computer but it just gives me an error on mine saying that there is no Hdd present or some crap like that instead of booting to my cd,and i know it works because i formatted a 20 gig with it before but I did something to it when in Damn Small Linux and it killed my F:/ like it kept saying that there was no free space in my F:/ but there was nothing in it at the same time and it ended up crashing for some reason that i don't know why.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 12:43:41 PM »

Solutions:

1. check your bios and set it to boot to your CD\DVD rom drive
2. set your Xbox drive on primary master
3. those 2 settings should fix it

just make sure your xbox is on primary, and you have it set to boot to cdrom first

simple enough
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 09:48:11 PM »

Solutions:

1. check your bios and set it to boot to your CD\DVD rom drive
2. set your Xbox drive on primary master
3. those 2 settings should fix it

just make sure your xbox is on primary, and you have it set to boot to cdrom first

simple enough

yup I've tried that and it still doesn't work and i know the hdd is good because its from my second xbox that i owned if it was crashed than it would be making that horrible beeping sound that it does in my computer when you put a crashed drive in and try to boot it

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 09:49:46 PM »

ok what you need is taiyo yuden cds they read on freakin everything. i have only had 1 of 53not burn

I like tacos.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 11:26:44 PM »

well I guess we don't need to worry about it anymore i smashed the hdd it F***ed my bros computer up some how so i just said blow it off and went outside and put a pickaxe through it a few times lol im just gonna buy a new hdd when i have the money lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: