Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 04:57:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling All Modders  (Read 7367 times)
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2007, 08:36:11 AM »

Hello Boys and Girls,

SMDepot.net is looking for anyone interested in writing news articles to be featured both on our home page and our news archive section. There really are no prerequisites, simply having a correct understanding of the english language and spell check. The ideal situation would be to have new news ever day. There are tons of things going on in this scene (console modding) and anything related to this scene is of interest to anyone who visits this site.

If you would like a news writing account and think you can submit between one to two news articles per week Please reply expressing your desire to write news for SMDepot.net.

As always, your efforts are most appreciated and have a huge impact on our visitors and those looking for modding help. Thanks for all you do.

- - -
SMD

P.S. Don't Spam This Thread! If your not interested in writing news, quietly refrain from commenting here.

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 11:48:04 AM »

Well I be glad to server in any way i can, SMD Sir!! Angry HAHA But yeah I would like to take u up on that job, if im worthy Smiley

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:49:28 PM »

i dunno about every day but i guess i could post some news about psp's and xbox's

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 10:13:28 PM »

Well I know I'm a newbie on the site and haven't been around on it for very long but I'm kinda interested in writing news articles.Now does it have to be news from this site only or other sites that are linked to this one too?

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 11:30:33 PM »

It doesn't really matter. Usually what I do is surf the web, and if I find something related, I'll just copy the article and put a link back to the original. It's pretty simple.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 12:03:30 AM »

i like rewrighting  the news in my Own way  but  that way i do make spelling errors 

.......i am only human  Cry
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 12:12:51 AM »

It doesn't really matter. Usually what I do is surf the web, and if I find something related, I'll just copy the article and put a link back to the original. It's pretty simple.

Oh yeah then i could do that lol only thing is though is i might not be able to do one every day because i might be moving cause my parents aren't making enough to pay all the bills so there in debt like $8000 and thats just an estimate cause our house bill alone is like a lil over $3000 a month,and then there are cell phones,internet,power,etc.etc. lol so i don't know where im moving to or if im even gonna have internet again  Cry but if that wasn't all happening I would love to do News  Smiley

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 07:45:25 PM »

ok guy well we've been doing the news for like, i think a week now; i think we should start trying to make our own version of the new instead of just copy and pasting the news. I mean i know that you wanna do if fast and everything but come on, at least revise it a little or something just dont copy and paste. I dont want people thing where just a bunch of plagiarist/copy cats even if we place the link to the original news.

So basically we need to at least try, to make our own news 
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »

Im about to mod my Wii ( Grin ) so i could right some news about that, i think the Wii section could use some more life to, i could handle that a little here, but i cant stay on top of it everyday, have a busy life now (yes im no longer bored)

well as long as im not writing for the pulitzer here, know what im saying? if several people join then no one would have to right but mabye an article every week or so right? i could do that
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 11:30:12 PM »

but mabye an article every week or so right? i could do that

One word, lazy ahahah jk yeah u should jump start the wii section of the forums GamezR2EZ. OOO and hey good luck with that wii dont brick it ahah =9 nahhh your to good for that to happen Smiley Wink Smiley Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: