Softmod Depot
April 23, 2024, 02:32:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Now What??? Ive got a Ghost in the Machine. **UPDATE**  (Read 3330 times)
TehTriggerman
« on: December 31, 2005, 11:26:56 AM »

Ive Backed up my retail Softmodded XBOX onto a linux.iso recovery Disc whixh I used to rebuild a larger one. Fine. That all works. I can access my emulators ,Apps everything as I should. Now I cant play 95% of my Retail games. It boots up fine, but when it goes from the opening movie to the actual game it freezes. Ive plopped my softmodded retail drive in to make sure my Samsung Drive was crapping out and everything then works fine. Did something not "transfer over" in the re-structuring? Ive tried burning the games to the HDD and playing them that way But it still happens. I can honestly say Im stuck. Help!

Also Ive noticed I cant Cold boot from any of the menus. I have to manually turn it off and restart because it would stay on and reboot but the screen would stay black. I dont understand because my ISO backup is an extact replica of the retail drive.

**UPDATE**

Ive recieved an answer to my problem over at MAXCONSOLE..The problem was simple yet It wouldve taken along ass time to figure it out..I had to FTP to my XBOX's new HDD and erase all the Bin files located in the new created  E:/CACHE folder. Thats it! Now everything works as Its should.  Hope this helps with similar problems.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 01:44:04 PM by TehTriggerman » Logged
kingyiff
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 02:00:46 PM »

That's good that everything is now sorted out!

Hope nothing like this in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: