Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 04:14:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: bigger hd ?  (Read 12041 times)
elkie
« on: September 04, 2007, 03:57:19 PM »

Just got finished doing the hotswap on my xbox,   after that i realized that i had a 160 g wd hard drive that i bought about a yr ago and never took out of the darn box.

anyways went through the steps to make it the harddrive everything went fine(after i figured out how to get the eeprom.bin file..and also the cfg file on the boot cd).  anyways once i boot up the new hd, everything works fine but something that jumped out at me was the space available, and i wonder if i did something wrong, or messed up a step.

on my E drive i have 3.89 g available.....
on my F drive i have 143 G available.

I wanted the bigger hd for games, but it seems the games are stored on the E drive and not the f drive...am i correct on this statement, can you put games on the F drive and run from there,  if not how do i allocate more space for the C drive,  and not as much for the C drive..

Thanks
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »

i assume you use DVD2Xbox if you dont, get it from the files section
the default is the F drive i beleive if not you can always change it, cause youre prompted
if you have problems with DVD2Xbox7.8 try 7.7
thats about it, see you im going to MAINE!!!!!!! awesome saucem
elkie
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 06:13:51 PM »

nope, didnt' know about that,  I just used the copy game option on the unleash x from my softmod/hotswap i did.

let me check out this dvd2xbox and see how that goes.....thanks for the headup
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 08:43:10 PM »

yeah no problem i was warned not to use the UnleashX game copy from the start to  Wink keep up with XBMC and DVD2Xbox they are good, XBMC is a Dash like unleashx read up by searching the forums on how to install it or just use it

good looking out
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 12:16:45 PM »

ok so how do you get a bigger driveon xbox just hotswa
p it?

I like tacos.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 12:31:19 PM »

just rebuilt it with XBOXHDM and lock it with your eeprom, like you did with youre first drive
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 02:45:44 PM »

really but idont have a modchip i also have stock bios and it says error 6 which is unable to unlock hd

I like tacos.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 04:01:15 PM »

a simple search reveals this tutorial follow it to the letter and youll be alright

http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=85.0

when it mentions copy C to C \ E to E
use the files from zzk all-in-one hotswap
your eeprom should be located on your current xbox drive under E:\backups\eeprom\eeprom.bin

so now thats everything, you shouldnt have anymore problems, just follow the tut CLOSELY!! ive done this myself, it works
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 05:38:37 PM »

not to specific are we oh well just please can you tell me how to put bigger hd on stock xbox from hell its v1.2 1.3 1.5 1.6 and 1.1 all in one its a frikin nightmare i tell ya the bios chip is v1.1 the bios is 1.6 the hdd and cd drive are 1.3 and the board is 1.2. the guy who had it before me really messed with it i bought it used at afrikin gamestore and it said refurb refurb my @$$ man please just tell me do i lock with xbox hdd key or the lock password and then put the eeprom.bin in to the backup folder so it will load.

I like tacos.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 06:19:12 PM »

im going to try and make this simple for you

On your computer, forget ANY HARDWARE ANYTHING, take your EEPROM.bin from E:\backups\eeprom\eeprom.bin on your xbox, put it in     xboxhdm\
take the files from zzks all in one, the C folder goes to    xboxhdm\linux\C
the e folder goes to    xboxhdm\linux\E
double click on make-iso.exe in   xboxhdm\make-iso-win
burn the created iso to a disc, put disc in a WORKING DRIVE, turn off computer
put your desired harddrive on  IDE channel 0   master
turn on computer and boot to cd

When xboxhdm boots up choose option "1"
Type "xboxhd" for a menu of tools to help you build your harddrive and more.
type the number of "Build a new harddrive from scratch"
Type "8" to quit once it's finished
Type "reboot" to reboot

When xboxhdm boots up choose option "3"
Now type "Lockhd -a"

put drive back in xbox, your done thats it, i just went through this and it works

this method works, the ones people gave you before works, if you cant get this to work mess around search the forums, we are here to help, but i wont baby step you any further, hundreds of people have gotten this and all the other methods to work, youre the execption

specefic enough? please other members that se this tell me if this has worked for you, or if its just me, thanx
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 06:43:22 PM »

umm sorry for being an @$$ i did all that still i get error 6 can not unlock xbox hdd. i put the xbox eeprom on the cd rebuilt it 6 times already and and it wont work. do i need to use hddkey instead of password??? and one thing will a qantum fireball oct20 20 gig work or is it to old? and do i need hdd on cable select?

I like tacos.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 06:49:33 PM »

if you relock the harddrive like youre supposed to do
(
When xboxhdm boots up choose option "3"
Now type "Lockhd -a"
)
with no error message, and with the eeprom from your xbox, then you shouldnt have a problem
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 06:51:04 PM »

one more thing iknow im a pain in your @$$ but how big is the eeprom.bin supposed to be

I like tacos.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 08:40:45 PM »

never mind i got it to work and now halo halo and doom3 and xbox hdd

I like tacos.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 02:04:23 AM »

If you Used My All-In-One  Hotswap

PLez use the Fix
http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=1376.0

it a Must do after installing My hotswap

And GamezR2EZ  if you tell ppl to use my Hotswap PLez tell them to do the Fix as well

Thankyou  Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: