Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 08:06:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use xbox live with a softmodded xbox ***UXE and Ndure v1.0***  (Read 12985 times)
jebus989
« on: December 30, 2005, 06:25:05 AM »

========Krayzies nDure v1.0==========

Krayzies nDure Installer is alot more live friendly than the previous UXE, UDE2 etc. You will probably know about its dual retail settings - you can boot live safely by using the eject button. The LED will be orange when in modded state and green when in retail (with standard settings). However there is still some confusion and problems. Heres what i have encountered so far:

Dual Retail Doesnt Work - I Turn On With Eject and It's Still Modded

Interestingly, this feature is not enabled by default. To enable it, load up the gamesave exploit.

Then go to:

Extras
Multiboot
Dual-Retail
and hit yes

Now in your amazement you turn on your xbox with the eject button and....ERROR 21 *FRAG* CALL CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE

WAAAAAAH panic panic! - its ok

here's what you do

Load up Gamesave Exploit
Choose Restore MS Dash
OK

and Bam. Turn off your xbox and turn it on with the eject button to a retail live safe state Cheesy
This is why nDure is so much better than UXE.

Xbox Live Dashboard Problems When in Retail Mode

in krayzies own words:
you cannot acces the xbox live dashboard in dual retail state. You would have to switch the softmod off if you want to. It's in the readme...
the result of trying to access the live dashboard in dual retail state is usually a black screen - you will be able to see the dashboard but try to go into 'friends' for example, the green circle spins and you get a black screen:(.
remember the readme is called a readme for a reason.

You will notice the same happens when you go to network settings *in retail state* - to change network settings you can do it in modded state by selecting msdashboard and network settings from Evox. To use the live dashboard, turn off your softmod as described below

Network Settings Keep Changing

you *must* set your network setting in both your dash AND the ms dash. If you don't, they will change at will and make live connections unreliable.

Feel free to post any more questions Cheesy

========Krayzies UXE==========

There has been a few cases of confusion on this subject so here's a quick guide on how to connect to live with a softmodded xbox using krayzies UXE:

This guide has been designed to be as simple and easy to follow as possible - if there's something you do not understand just ask.

When trying to access xbox live in a modded state, you will receive a scary ERROR 21 message followed by 'Service Required. Call customer support.' in nine different languages. Also, the LED on your xbox will FRAG (flash red and green). This is the work of NKPatcher 10 which is installed in Krayzies installer package. It is protecting your xbox and live account from being banned. If you were able to connect to live with non-retail BIOs, your eeprom would be permanently banned.

I would highly reccomend that you sign up for live and create your account BEFORE softmodding your xbox.

Ok, to access Live when you have created your account:

1)COLDBOOTING
- This is the action of turning your xbox on with a retail game in the disc tray. This is supposed to bypass the modified BIOs and load retail. However, this feature does not work atall for me (using Krayzies UXE installer package). It's worth a try as NKPatcher will block access if you have loaded non-retail BIOs.

2)TURNING OFF SOFTMOD - This is how i am able to use Live. Imagine this as an ON/OFF switch for your softmod. Turning a softmod off will leave all your files and backups untouched and will be safe for Live. To turn off your softmod:

*Load the retail game you used to mod your xbox.
*Load the hacked gamesave (follow the instructions you used to load the exploit first time i.e. for 007: AUF - Save, Quit, Load; for Mechassualt - just load 'Run Linux' in campaign; for Splinter Cell - Load the two checkpoints).
*If you used Krayzies, select 'Turn Softmod On/Off' and then 'Turn Softmod Off' and hit 'OK' - your xbox will now turn off.
*When you turn your xbox back on, it will load retail BIOs and an MS dashboard.

You are now able to connect to the wonderous world of xbox live. Do not worry about downloading updates for games - they will not effect your softmod or detect it(as of december 30th 2005-when this was written). *BUT* i would not advise playing your exploitable game on live.

When you wish to revert to a modded state, follow the above instructions and select 'Turn Softmod On'.

I have used the turn softmod off feature sucessfully to use live for a number of months, however, no method can be considered completely foolproof. I cannot 100% guarantee that you will not get banned from live - but i can say that it is very unlikely you will receive a ban due to non-retail BIOs if you are in an unmodified state. I in no way am encouraging cheaters (game modders, hackers w/e) to use live - if you plan to do this you have no place in smdepot.

Problems

Here is an ongoing list of some problems i have encountered, is there is something you think i have missed, please post below.

Can't Connect to Live After Turning Softmod Back On and Then Off Again

If you cannot connect to live after turning your softmod back off, i have noticed that some settings are automatically changed when turning a softmod on. For instance, if you use Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPoE) settings to access live, i have found that enabling a softmod will turn 'PPoE Configuration' to 'OFF'. If you use these settings, select 'Settings' from MS Dash (with softmod off) then 'Network' and then 'PPoE'. Input the neccessary here.

Xbox Live is not Responding

First, check the status of the xbox live service here.

If you get this message when trying to update a game, as i did with Forza Motorsport, you may have a network problem. In my case, my DNS servers were inputted incorrectly. However, according to this blog you should turn off UPnP (Universal Plug 'n' Play) on your router.

Any more problems, complaints, requests, slatings etc. lemme know. I realise this is pretty simple stuff but it should be helpfull. You can hit me (and everyone else) up on #softmods on EFnet or on the sites chatty page.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 07:30:42 AM by jebus989 » Logged
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 07:46:27 PM »

Thankyou. -

Perfection, as always.

kingyiff
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 07:16:05 PM »

Good Job!
jebus989
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 07:10:14 AM »

***Major nDure Update - the best way to use live and softmod***
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 04:51:46 PM »

****Update ***** Ndure and UXE are close to the SAME   

1. you don't need to cold boot to Turn UXE off  just need to setup
Dule boot and in dule boot you'll see Softmod on/off

2. Ndure And UXE are Not i say NOT 100% on Live you still have a 20% likely to get Banned on Live

3. best thing to do is just Up grade your HDD and use your stock HDD for XbL
(as with a Softmod you can not use Backup games on live so why softmod a Stock HDD then trun around and trun it off and play the games you done Had)

4. Xlink is a Good Network program that lets you play with PPl all over in SYSLink games

5. and i know Jebus may hate this But   Ndure Is not 100% working Autoinstaller =)
Yes you can get it to work i am not saying that What i mean is you can not just pop it in and install softmod and done

Nooooo not all xboxs can be done like that i have a 1.4 dash witch works 100% with UXE and i tryed it with Ndure
And guess what happen ERROR  Yep Now my 1.4 is up-to-date with live and all thats why it works with UXE

So in short you can't  say Ndure is better at this time Maybe when they get everything worked out in it
you will beable to
jebus989
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 02:06:55 AM »

Damn i really find that annoying

2. Ndure And UXE are Not i say NOT 100% on Live you still have a 20% likely to get Banned on Live
if you read the tutorials, you will see
I have used the turn softmod off feature sucessfully to use live for a number of months, however, no method can be considered completely foolproof. I cannot 100% guarantee that you will not get banned from live - but i can say that it is very unlikely you will receive a ban due to non-retail BIOs if you are in an unmodified state. I in no way am encouraging cheaters (game modders, hackers w/e) to use live - if you plan to do this you have no place in smdepot.

But havin said that - when retail 'mode' is loaded, you cannot get banned for non retail bios. similarly when modififed bios are loaded, so to are nkpatcher 10 which blocks all live connections. so 20% is way off - its more like 0.1%. If you are modding on live thats different....

3. best thing to do is just Up grade your HDD and use your stock HDD for XbL
Many people use a softmod so they dont have to open up their xbox - you cannot say thats the best thing to do when 1=push eject instead if on or 2=install a bigger hd alongside your stock etc etc.

Nooooo not all xboxs can be done like that i have a 1.4 dash witch works 100% with UXE and i tryed it with Ndure
And guess what happen ERROR  Yep Now my 1.4 is up-to-date with live and all thats why it works with UXE
There is no 1.4 Microsoft dash, it will be a four figure number. This n

eeds to be 5960 for ndure. Check it by scrolling down to the bottom of system info in settings, ms dash.

4. Xlink is a Good Network program that lets you play with PPl all over in SYSLink games

Yes it is. Howver, it is very laggy when compared to live. The only game anyone plays is halo 2. There are modders in almost every game. There are no rankings. You get game updates from live - halo 2 has had increased melee and plasma damage and other small things like that.

5. and i know Jebus may hate this But   Ndure Is not 100% working Autoinstaller =)
Yes you can get it to work i am not saying that What i mean is you can not just pop it in and install softmod and done

Jebus has pretty much hated all of your post - ndure works fine is you read the readme. Ndure ISNT an installer - its the name of the exploit.

****Update ***** Ndure and UXE are close to the SAME   

Its a totally different exploit. Read up. There are different problems so a different tutorial is needed.

So in short you can't  say Ndure is better at this time Maybe when they get everything worked out in it
you will beable to

I can and i do Cheesy

Zzk2001 - you are not an Xbox Live user, dont knock it till you have an account.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 10:52:36 AM by jebus989 » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 04:26:45 AM »

is not for me it's for Ppl that try your way and get Banned i just don't  think the Odds

just reammebr what works for you does not work for all  (thats life)

and i mean a v1.4 xbox  i am not sure what dash version it is But the Point is
it has life and works 100% with UXE so it should work with Nduer and it did not

*Note* i don't Hate Nduer... i just dpn't think ppl New to Softmoding should start out useing it

I do read and even if your runing the Bios MS can stell see a Moded HDD as they do run HDD scans  As i Am told
they do them randem Not every time you log in to Live

Just remamber that No way is 100% if you think like that your Must likely going to get Banned One day
Ms is a Big Place and they come out with New Ways all the time to Stop you

i am not trying To DISS Nduer In Any way cuz it was made By the Best Softmoder In the world "Krayzie"

And i have tryed Live had it for like 5 weeks and only used it like 3times got bored of it and started useing
Xlink  and yes i got Bored of Xlink too =) Online with Xbox is just not all that fun

jebus why does it have to Be this way let us just Agre to DissAgre  =) i don't like to fight  i just like to help ppl when thay need it thats way i came to SMDepot.net
jebus989
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 09:46:03 AM »

i am not trying To DISS Nduer In Any way cuz it was made By the Best Softmoder In the world "Krayzie"
Actually the Ndure exploit was not made by krayzie - he makes the installer. Kingroach has even developed it before him and is now on v2.1.

jebus why does it have to Be this way let us just Agre to DissAgre
it has to be 'this way' because you totally insulted my first useful post - without having any experience of what you are talking about. The reason you cant install ndure - update your dash - and your opinions on getting banned are completely wrong. You are scaring readers into thinking they are going to get banned when they wont. On the HD scan topics, these have never tested the size of your harddisk, they are looking for kernel patches, hacked dashes, exploits etc.

Just remamber that No way is 100% if you think like that your Must likely going to get Banned One day
I SAID THIS IN THE TUTORIAL

and now ive quoted it to you for the second time - no one is claiming this to be 100%... *BUT* i will bet you $100 paypal that my eeprom will not be banned from xbox live while it is in my possesion. Please end your misinformational spree.

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 10:25:10 AM »

I don't care, and I expect it to happen, if we disagree on things. But we can't fight. We're all apart of the same team, all able to help people with our own strengths and abilities. Let's not bicker and squable over personal preference. This makes it really hard to help people.. they'll read this and think one of these is better than the other, but in reality.. it's all about preference. Not to mention, if we start undermining eachother, it's going to make it even harder to help all of these people that come in to our chat. I hope you guys see where im coming from. Topic closed.

End Transmission.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 10:31:33 AM by SMD » Logged

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 05:31:03 AM »

SMD is right
jebus989
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 07:26:10 AM »

This is outdated. we need one for ndure v1.1 - its completely different to v1.0 in this area. Just letting readers know. I will update when i have some time unless someone wants to make a new topic with it in
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 07:30:09 AM by jebus989 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: