Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 07:49:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: noob to xbox mod scene...HELP!  (Read 15945 times)
darkchylde45
« on: August 25, 2007, 01:14:15 PM »

hi.
i recently got a xbox from a friend that was soft modded a while ago (he was going to throw it away after the power supply burned out, i kept it because i knew it could be fixed) and now im having trouble with it. if you guys could answer some of my questions, i could probably fix it myself...or i just might give up and buy another box and soft mod that.

1. the power supply has been fixed (i bought a new one) my main problem is that the xbox wont turn on at all when i press the power button or the eject button what are the possible causes for this besides the psu?

2. when you soft mod a box, are you just doing something to the hard drive or are you also doing something to the motherboard as well?

3. with a modded box, are you able to switch the modded hd to another xbox? (im wondering this because the hd is a 120 gb from maxor and i want to see if i could just switch it to another xbox and still be able to run the emulators) btw, the dashboard is evox.

4.is it possible to soft mod any version xbox?

feel free to ask me any questions regarding my xbox so that i can help you help me lol
also, i just want to say that i am not a complete noob: i have more than average understanding of computers and a basic understanding of electronics and i modded my psp just fine.

so..if you can help, PLEASE HELP!!! i want to be able to play battletoads again!

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 01:32:08 PM »

HAHH ok Battletoads LOl that just made me laugh Grin any way to the topic on hand

1. Well you should check the wiring to the buttons and make sure their connected properly. My Friend Yachi Could give u a hand with that.

2. When you softmod your just softmodding the hard drive, but their are apps that can flash and adjust specific things on the xbox motherboard but you need to know wat your doing when messing with at type of applications

3. Yes you are able to switch the Hard drive around after you unlock it with the xbox's eeprom.bin  that its currently in then lock it with the other xbox's eeprom.bin that you wanna put it in.

But i think your thinking just take it out and put it in another xbox right? Yeah you cant, each xbox has its own individual eeprom.bin that unlocks that specific HD it was given, so no other xbox can unlock but that specific one xbox. But if you want to change that HD to a different one you can using your xbox eeprom.bin and a program called xboxhd

4. YEs
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 04:14:18 PM »

yep that seems about right and for the power supply just buy another part they are like $10 on ebay

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 04:44:02 PM »

My Friend Yachi Could give u a hand with that.

What the hell?

anyways, if its a 1.6 xbox another reason for it to not boot is a small resistor next to the eeprom but ive never messed with it. Ill have a look at it to see what i can do. Also make shure the power supply you got is good and     check all the wiring as snipes had said.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 12:13:43 AM »

my old Xbox's power supply bruned out on me all i did is cleaned it Then resoldered  the part that was burned and Done  Still works to this day =)
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 04:08:21 AM »

Yeh the little wire at the connector is crap Tongue
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 11:18:38 AM »

What the hell?

anyways, if its a 1.6 xbox another reason for it to not boot is a small resistor next to the eeprom but ive never messed with it. Ill have a look at it to see what i can do. Also make shure the power supply you got is good and     check all the wiring as snipes had said.

See, i knew you could help him with the wiring carp, cause thats your strong point Wink
darkchylde45
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 01:12:34 PM »

3. Yes you are able to switch the Hard drive around after you unlock it with the xbox's eeprom.bin  that its currently in then lock it with the other xbox's eeprom.bin that you wanna put it in.

But i think your thinking just take it out and put it in another xbox right? Yeah you cant, each xbox has its own individual eeprom.bin that unlocks that specific HD it was given, so no other xbox can unlock but that specific one xbox. But if you want to change that HD to a different one you can using your xbox eeprom.bin and a program called xboxhd

ah...i heard that there is a program that can unlock the hard drive (i think without the xbox)...either that or can i get the hard drive formatted (as in, erase everything on there and start from scratch) and take it to a guy that can softmod it for me?

What the hell?

See, i knew you could help him with the wiring carp, cause thats your strong point Wink

what are you guys talking about? what is the eeprom? what does it look like?
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 04:08:32 PM »

okay darkchylde45 to unlock the hard drive you need the eeprom and the hard drive out of the xbox and also the eeprom is a file that tels the xbox how to boot and holds necisary things like your hd unloack key hence why you need it to unloack and what yachi said is talking about the parti in the motherboard that holds the eeprom Smiley hope that corrects you

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 05:28:11 PM »

Yup thats right, thanks Art

And if you have anymore questions feel free to ask, were here to help Cheesy
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 07:44:03 PM »

im good with wireing?

...i dunno...
darkchylde45
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 09:52:07 AM »

what about the first part? can i get the hard drive formatted and start from scratch?
darkchylde45
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 10:06:57 AM »

me again.
sudden revelation: with the master password that is supposed to be set for evox (aka TEAMASSEMBLY) can i then switch it to a new xbox and lock it with that motherboard?
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 05:44:03 PM »

what about the first part? can i get the hard drive formatted and start from scratch?

You need to clear the partitions on the HD, then build the harddrive over from scratch if your using Xboxhd v1.9

me again.
sudden revelation: with the master password that is supposed to be set for evox (aka TEAMASSEMBLY) can i then switch it to a new xbox and lock it with that motherboard?

Yes you can if you have the eeprom.bin from that xbox
darkchylde45
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 08:00:37 PM »

from the new box, or the old one? also, after i unlock it, can i keep it unlocked? whats the point of locking it in the first place?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: