Softmod Depot
April 15, 2024, 10:03:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: xbox freeze  (Read 3618 times)
pepe90

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2007, 01:02:53 PM »

i got an xbox that when you start it up it frezzes when the xbox logo appears. i have restarted it seweral times but i only got it to show the m§ dash once, but when i chossed the harddrive too look on saves it freezed.

what can the problem be  Huh

I´m swedish Tongue
Dont complain too much on my english. Wink
Un4givingSlayer

The Iron Man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 02:28:04 PM »

What happened right b4 the problem started? And what dashboard do u have?

I friend of mine had a similiar situation. I softmodded his Xbox for him (with UnleashX as the Dashboard), and gave it back to him. He then was burning a game disc onto his hard drive, and stopped the burn process in the middle.

After he did that, every time he turned his xbox on, He'd get the Xbox intro, and then it would get stuck at the UnleashX logo screen (it would just keep flashing).

I fixed it by doing the obvious..... I FTP'd into his Xbox's HD and deleted the folder for the game he tried to Burn.....

*Note:* As it turned out..... he actually tried to burn the game onto the hard drive twice.... He stopped it both times, and there ended up being 2 folders (with different names). I deleted both of course....

pepe90

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 08:42:24 AM »

on this is xbox it is the original M§ dash it havn´t been softmodded or anything. i got it from a friend of mine, it began whith it didn´t read xboxgames an when  I got it it wouldn´t start?

what to do?

I´m swedish Tongue
Dont complain too much on my english. Wink
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 11:34:02 AM »

if you have a network cable plugged in in the back, remove and try to start

sounds like a bad DVD drive, i have had that happend, you could try opening it up and checking the IDE connection
cleaning the lens (that shouldnt help but its worth a shot)
and just try stuff like that
you could change out the drive if you had an extra (or give it to SMD  Cool) but other than that im outa ideas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: