Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 09:23:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: closing down softmod:/  (Read 3268 times)
xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2007, 07:43:06 AM »

I dunno what to do...I think I might as well just close down my xbox softmod site.
There are far to many softmodding/modding site for the xbox.
That is why my site isn't active...sure it gets lots of hits....but that is not the point.

Dammit...just a waste of hosting service...i knew this might happen.
I created it...because people still at youtube still ask how to softmod even after watching a tutorial video!
the site suppose to be the official softmodding site just for the xbox....how to softmod...what applications needed and what dashboard to choose from.
Before creating it...I feared what if it doesn't get hits or success...

I just dunno what to do....all the sites I created are all failures...
I just wanna create a controversial site, or innovative site that will get lots of hits, I can check on it everyday and the site get interactive with members.
I created a rom site...it was going good...but got f88ked up with file hosting...they don't allow roms. Also the forum was closed...they don't link up with illegal downloads:/

Creating a site that is based on the category under; Games will be hard....since there are FAR to many sites based on games.
creating a site based on roms will be hard to be noticed. Since there are tons of rom site.

I just dunno what to do:/

This site...Smdepot....its been around for a while...and I just noticed it late 2006 (towards the end of 2006).
Is this site a success?

www.youtube.com/xin0 222+ videos

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 10:07:47 AM »

Smdepot is a evolving site that always helps the noobs that the other sites that are too good to help .We are always changing and coming up with more ways to do more things more efficiently.
I think the irc based chatroom helps a lot, having people in ready to help right when you need it.
also the guys at smdepot.net do more than just mod consoles, we hang out online gaming and encourage people to hangout with us. Basically we try to have fun and help people more than worring about hits and feedback.

I hope you reconsider shutting down softmods, it's hard to find people that want to help people and not ridicule them. We were all noobs once too. Just do what you like to do and if it's helping people online then you're in the right place helping them.

much luck
BOOST
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:10:46 AM by Boost » Logged

Sig Built by BOOST

xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 12:12:23 PM »

Smdepot is a evolving site that always helps the noobs that the other sites that are too good to help .We are always changing and coming up with more ways to do more things more efficiently.
I think the irc based chatroom helps a lot, having people in ready to help right when you need it.
also the guys at smdepot.net do more than just mod consoles, we hang out online gaming and encourage people to hangout with us. Basically we try to have fun and help people more than worring about hits and feedback.

I hope you reconsider shutting down softmods, it's hard to find people that want to help people and not ridicule them. We were all noobs once too. Just do what you like to do and if it's helping people online then you're in the right place helping them.

much luck
BOOST
thanks for the comment

what I meant by waiting for hits and feedback...its like:
You create a game...and upload it online. Sure many people download the game...but you do not get any feedbacks...if the game sucks or not.

That is how my site is...I get hits, but the members who actually sign up. Don't even do jack on the site.
I don't even know if people find my tutorial useful and site details.
I see people come to the forum and still ask for help on softmodding. I ask myself..."how did they end up in my forum?"
And those sort of people are the ones in youtube who just finished watching a tutorial on softmodding and still ask for help. That was the reason why I created the site.

The fact is that...there are tons of site based on softmodding. People would stick to the usual ones.

here: http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showthread.php?p=142042#post142042
another example. A user still needs help in installing XBMC:/

I just don't know what to do. I am just thinking of creating a good site:/
anyone tried Dreamweaver CS yet?

www.youtube.com/xin0 222+ videos

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: