formatting G: drive Useing FlashFXP

(1/7) > >>

Kyla666 (zzk2001):
Use FlashFXP

How to use  FlashFXP to formate G: well very easy really just trun on xbox (with EVOX)

(make sure  in Evox setting you have Use G: to Yes )

If you don't Have EVOX as a dash RUN it like a App (you Must
 Be runing EVOX to format G:)

then open FlashFXP connect to Xbox
ip: 192.168.x.xxx
user: xbox
Pass: xbox

bla bla bla =)

now go to Commands > Raw commands  Or push ctrl+r

type this in

Formatpath \Device\Harddisk0\Partition7

Then FTP app will echo a hard drive key (later referred to as 'the number') (display a long number in a dialog box). Use that key for the next command

now type

FormatDrive 'the number'

All done restart Xbox  and All your Gigs will be there on G:

**Note**
     you must download a EVOX skin that has G: on it to see free space on the Dash
you can look in Settings to see freespace on G: as well to see if it worked

If you use Unleash X you need to set Use G: to Yes as well

SMD:
Excellent Tutorial. Super simple. Thanks man.

Kyla666 (zzk2001):
**New**

you can format your G: with the Krayzie UXE installer as well

just load the game save if like you wa going to Softmod it for the frist time

A new screen will pop up this time go to Extras>Format Options

now just format G: Drive and done

Lenny:
I used this method. Seemed to work fine. It echoed back drive formatted and I can see my G freespace in Evox - > System managment -> System settings but for some reason it won't show up when i FTP to my xbox so I still can't put anything on the drive. Any ideas ? (Already got "Use G Drive" activated).

EDIT: Nevermind it seems to be working now after some cursing, rebooting + starting/quitting XBMC.

azndoodle:
I can't seem to get it to work.  When I try these commands FlashFXP says command not found. 

I also tried using Krazyie's UXE installer to format G: but after i've confirmed to format G: it doesn't do anything.   As if nothing was performed because I can still move around and go back to previous screen.  No message came up telling anything.

I installed the softmod using Krayzie's UXE installer according to instructions, and I know i bought a Maxtor 200GB HD. 

Why can't I get G: drive to work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page