Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 09:50:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I swap a retail HDD in a softmodded XBOX?  (Read 5664 times)
TehTriggerman
« on: December 25, 2005, 09:51:35 PM »

After my Failed piece of crap SpiderGX Chip on a spare console, I look toward my Beautiful Softmodded XBOX with eyes of not spending another 60 bucks on a chip. So, heres my Question. Can you swap the retail HDD in a softmodded XBOX for a larger one?

I have an Evox Softmod in one of my XBOX's and would like to replace the standard retail HDD with a 120GB one. Is it possible? Can you give me step by step instructions? I see what may work But Im afraid to touch anything.

There is an unlock HDD option, But once you remove the HDD, wouldnt you take the softmod with it? When the tray is open, It has an INSTALL EVOX softmod. Why is this option here when you need the softmod to see it? When you swap drives will this screen work and then you Just reinstall it? Do unlock the HDD first, come to this screen (with tray open) and then swap HDD and puch Install softmod?  Please advise!
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 10:14:50 PM »

I have good news man. Totally possible... we do it all the time. Infact, i did it the day before yesterday. Put a 250 gig in a soft modded xbox. Mine has a 120 gig and it's softmodded.. and you can do it all without a chip.. check this out...

http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=16.0

there's a button above... called SEARCH... click it. Smiley j/k. glad to help man. Let us know if you need anythign else.

happy modding.

TehTriggerman
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 10:33:16 PM »

Im staring at my 120GB HDD. I wanna make this happen, and your post my friend is the Key. LOL.I actually didnt think this was possible (thats why I didnt search :p) SmileySmiley So I guess if you mess up..you can just format the new drive and start all over again. Cause your Previous HDD is safe and sound untouched. Brilliant! Ill do this tomorrow!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 10:41:03 PM by TehTriggerman » Logged
jebus989
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 08:51:37 AM »

Check the drives compatibility/lockability here
TehTriggerman
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 12:09:34 PM »

Excellent!! I have everything installed and it works 100%! I feel so secure knowing i have a rescue disk or can create another one if i wish to return it to retail or recreate the drive from scratch. I stayed up until 2am this morning reinstalling my emulator roms and applications which where to big to fit on the linux.iso CDR-W.  Smiley

I have another question about certain apps in the auto installer deluxe. Are there are apps that rip DVD movies to the HDD? I know Complex tools rips Games. Ill ask in another post too.

Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 06:55:03 PM »

mmmmmmmmmmmm bigass harddrive.... nothin sexier

BOOST

~~ if you need a hand, catch us in the chatroom ~~

Sig Built by BOOST

Pages: [1]