Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 01:52:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GENtoox running with along unleashX ANd some question about win98 on xbox  (Read 7147 times)
wany
« on: June 11, 2007, 01:57:53 PM »

I have some few question about running gentoox along side unleashX?
1- can gentoox run along side unleashx
2- if so how can i get gentoox to run along side unleashx where would i have to put gentoox on my harddrive so it would eb able to run
3- how would i run gentoox when i am unleashx dashboard
4- will gentoox turn of unleashx or shut it down whn it boots up or will both unleash x be running in the background while gentoox is up?

I have soem question about runnign windows 98 also
i have read that it is possibe to run windows98SE on the xbox but u have to load it up through linux if i am correct?
1- after windows98 is installed on the xbox would it run on the linux OS or would it run by it self
2-is runnign windows98 on the xbox fast or slow compared to linux os
3- can i have unleashx gentoox and windows98se be all on the same xbox?? and change between them through the unleashX dash??

IF thes think ca be done cna u point e in the direction where inca find information on how to do this or better yet if u can supply me or point me to tuts about doing this
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 02:00:17 PM by wany » Logged
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 02:26:59 PM »

1-you use unleashx to launch gentoox
2-ill upload my gentoox (minus personal files Wink) so you can just ftp it
3-ill show you my  config.xml, i have a shortcut striaght to gentoox at the top
4-unleashx boots gentoox and closes, then gentoox runs till shutdown. ifyou restart then unleash will appear

1-it will run under wine. so you have linux running with a window that has 98 in it
2-much slower, i found gentoox to be faster than 98 on a crap pc
3-you can boot unleashx with a shortcut to gentoox and then run a cmd to get 98 runnin but you cant start 98 from unleash

i will write a tut in the next few days as i am  busy right now.
wany
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 02:43:40 PM »

ok thkz alot i have modded my xbox to use unleashX using Ndue3.0 installer for PC
u would have to tel me where the config.xml goes on the xbox HD casue i not sure where tht is i have to look aroudn it much easyer for me if u tell me Smiley
the onyl reason i wanted win98 casue i not evry familir with linux so i have to learn an entire new OS but i have used linuxlve already tho
ohh lol if not asking 2 much of u could u make the tut a detailed
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »

ill make it as detailed as possible.
the config.xml is in E:/dashboards but you shudnt mess with it.
linux is preety easy to get the hang of, just google anything you need to kno and eventually you might give up on windows(if you have the determination to learn linux Wink)
wany
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 02:49:28 PM »

lol thzk dude yr pretty fast on reply lol like u live on this forum
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 02:50:13 PM »

yeh...its 'like i live here'... Undecided
wany
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 07:45:57 AM »

just wondering i came across a program called dashboard switcher could this switch between gentoox and unleashx
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 08:47:55 AM »

Yeh but if you switched to gentoox you cudnt switch back, so you can just add a shortcut to unleash that looks like games or watever but call it Linux or Gentoox
wany
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 10:11:13 AM »

So could u tell me how u made this shortcut or i have to wait for the TUT
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 10:13:06 AM »

the tut is written. im just getting the files dorted and then i will hit post...
wany
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 05:50:22 PM »

ok cool thkz  SmileyCheesy lol but how do i now where the tut is lol DUM question i guessing its in the TUT section of the site right
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: