Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 10:44:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wtf happened to my MilkDrop??  (Read 5246 times)
-fUkWuT-

[O]riginal [G]amer

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2007, 05:34:56 AM »

I just got my SMB share working a couple hours ago and was playin songs on the Xbox from my PC and all of a sudden MilkDrop says 'there are no presets' and just shows a black screen with no vis. I was using that Mega Pack or wateva its called b4 and now it wont show up, I checked if it was deleted but its still in the visualisations folder so thats not the prob.

I think maybe I messed it up when I was playin around with my folders/sources for my music cos it went like that after I renamed my music source and deleted all the other sources like XBMSP etc.

Huh
-fUkWuT-

[O]riginal [G]amer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:10:50 AM »

I just found another problem too.

When I go to browse my music thats stored on the PC it scans all the media info then I play a song and press B to go back. As soon as I press B it starts trying to scan all the media info again and the progress bar just stays there not even changing and I cant do anything but turn the Xbox off.

Arrrrgh
-fUkWuT-

[O]riginal [G]amer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 07:53:14 AM »

Ok I fixed both probs

My MilkDrop.xml got corrupt prolly from me playing with the settings 2 much  Cheesy so I downloaded XBMC and got a fresh .xml outta there.
The other problem was becos the directory was bigger than 20GB so it was having trouble reading all the tags, the fix is to scan all the songs to the database and use the library view instead then it doesnt have to reload all the time.

Hope this helps anybody who had these probs lol.   Tongue
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 10:49:35 AM »

yeh i used to keep almedia in the same folder and everything crashed trying to read it, so i put all of my media into folders, it looked more professional and loaded faster.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 04:11:04 PM »

Sweet been having this problem, going to try it out.
Nice work -fukWut-
-fUkWuT-

[O]riginal [G]amer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 02:50:47 AM »

yeh i used to keep almedia in the same folder and everything crashed trying to read it, so i put all of my media into folders, it looked more professional and loaded faster.

Lol u coulda told me that 8-\
and could u tell me how to update my Library cos I deleted a few songs on my PC and they still show on my library. I tried Clean Library in the settings and I tried rescanning all the files but didnt do much.   Undecided
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 02:52:42 AM by -fUkWuT- » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: