Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 03:04:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Did this help You?
Yes - 6 (85.7%)
No - 0 (0%)
Needs more detail.. - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FTP Xbox To Xbox With UnleashX  (Read 10225 times)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2007, 01:37:12 PM »

Ok here we go.. First we need
1. An Ethernet Cable/System Link Cable
2. The Xbox's power cables
3. Just one Video cable is need to switch back and forth (if needed)
4. Make sure your using UnleashX

Ok first were going to name the xbox that needs the files xbox #1, and the one that has the files we need xbox #2.

NOTE: Make sure that the Video cable is connected to the back of the xbox's when you turn them on one by one, so it turns on fully and doesn't pause during the start up.

Now turn on xbox #1 (REMEMBER THE NOTE) and set the Network Setting to Static and copy the new IP address after you do the reboot.

Then turn on xbox #2 (REMEMBER THE NOTE) and set the Network Setting to Static and copy the new IP address after you do the reboot.

Then connect the Ethernet cable\system link cable to the two xbox's, make sure their both at the UnleashX dash (mainly xbox #2)

Then go back to xbox #1 and go the File Explorer, tap the R trigger to go to the right of the File Box

Then hit the WHITE action button, a screen should come up, then scroll down to "Switch to FTP Browser..." and hit A

Don't worry now the right box should be blank, then hit the WHITE action button again, this time chose "Quick Connect"

Now just type in the IP of xbox #2 in the "Address" section and your all good to go

Im sure you've messed around in the File Explorer so its all the same, the WHITE action button still dose all the commands, just make sure when you Hit "Transfer" you stay on the right side File Box cause that xbox #2's files you need

Enjoy Snipes101

Remember to hit up the poll for me, Thanks
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 05:38:38 PM by Snipes101 » Logged
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 04:30:10 PM »

Lol dude just to let you know for the fun of it, i accessed a web server through my xbox Cheesy just thought that was cool, that i did it wit an xbox, but not like you could do anything with that  Roll Eyes
drfweega
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 09:17:56 PM »

Good work with this, keep it up!
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 11:02:39 PM »

Grin Thanks
Un4givingSlayer

The Iron Man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 10:30:21 AM »

AWESOME!!!   Grin This is exactly the tutorial I was looking for. I even typed it just like that in "Google". And also xbox-scene (which was absolutely no help. They suspended me after asking this in a forum  Huh). It was the right forum, and they didn't have an existing tutorial or answer..... Well anyways, i'm glad i found it here. This place seems to be better.

I got my tutorials for softmodding from here (big thanks to zzk2001, with his written tutorial and youtube vids to go with it). I searched XS first and all the information was so distorted.... I aslo searched for the on XS and got nothing. But it's here...

*Next time I know where to look first.  Wink

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 10:43:48 AM »

*Sniff sniff thank you Grin !! glad i could help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: