Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 07:36:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Run Windows 98 on the Xbox  (Read 21104 times)
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 08:00:20 PM »

i suggest gettin led's and resistors from radioshack and makin ur own mods  Grin i have a led under the xbox logo on one of my controlers. My modchip provideds the light inside my xbox but thinkin about gettin a blue led fan to replace the old noisemaker that i have in there right now

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 08:21:31 PM »

good call. i was plannin on gettin green LEDs and following the side grill LED installation tut we have here on the site, just every store that i find LEDs at have astronomically high prices and a very poor selection. i checked out some sites, but many dont accept check. then i go to digikey.com, and there is just way too much selection. like i want a certain type of LED but the slection is way too vast on digikey. i just wanted to know where i could find LEDs, good LEDs at a good price when i buy, say... 50 units. u know cuz i want a lot of LEDs at my disposal, u never know where u can put em...

on another note, i was gonna try runnin win98 on the box as an app, but i didnt want to f*** up the XB and never be able to use it like i use it now. is there any way that i can backup like the whole system (locked folders and all like the F Q X and Y folders as well as the seen folders like C and E) and if i do end up messing my XB, i can just format my XB HD and put on the backup data and have it running like b4? cuz then ill be able to mess around and hopefully find a way to run win98 as an app.

o BTW snafupossum, i didnt get to thank u for the access to bt.xbox-sky.com, it really helped a lot. thanks man.

skip
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 09:33:45 PM by skip2mylou » Logged

killerninja16
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 06:15:15 PM »

you could prob have a dashboard selector, because it says that it needs the dashboard's spot on the xbox, will try some time in the future.
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 08:55:45 PM »

look forward to hearing about it.

wany
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 07:03:12 PM »

well i hoping to do this by time next month Smiley the only reason i wanan do it is just o mess around u can alwayz built a keyboard for the xbox instead fo using Virtual keyboard
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 07:10:09 PM »

you can run 98 as an app btw...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: