Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 06:28:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing New Xbox HDD with Softmod  (Read 68008 times)
UchihaZephyr
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 10:09:06 PM »

A few quick questions that seem pretty obvious, but I just want to make sure.

1. My eeprom is my eeprom is my eeprom... correct?  There are 3 or 4 different copies of 'eeprom.bin' on my hard drive, but they are all exactly the same, right?

2. I have halo 2 in the E folder on my xbox, so if I back that up to the xboxhdm/linux/E folder on my PC, the iso it makes will obviously be too big for a CD-R.  I can just exclude the halo 2 files from the cd xboxhdm CD and ftp them back after the hard drive switch, right?
EDIT: scratch that, even without the game there's .97 gigs, so I'll just burn it to a dvd.

3. I'm trying this with a 200GB drive... how am I going to have to format the extra space to be usable?

btw, this site has been an amazing help. thanks a lot to all the contributors.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 10:50:53 PM by UchihaZephyr » Logged
drfweega
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 08:45:20 AM »

1. Correct.

3. I have never gone over 120 in a softmod, but i think Slayers will help you format your hd.
UchihaZephyr
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 03:16:53 PM »

Ok, I got the formatting issue figured out.  I used the Krayzie ndure 1.1 installer, so I just used the "format drive" option in Krazyie's Extras.  Also, I enabled the G drive in EvoX, but it wasn't showing up in XBMC, so I had to change the <useGdrive> setting in xboxmediacenter.xml.
azndoodle
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »

I installed a 200GB Maxtor hard drive and its working fine.  However my G: drive isn't working.
I enabled G: drive in the dashboard of Evolution X and the letter shows up in XBMC.  However it says it has 0MB/0MB.  My F: drive is 129MB and that's working fine.   I tried formating using the Krazyie's UIX exploit but doesn;t seem to work.  There was a thread to try using FlashFTP Client to format it but I get bad command when I call "FormatDrive" or "FormatPath". 

Can someone help?
drfweega
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »

Have you tried using Slayers to format the drive?
azndoodle
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 06:15:44 AM »

I briefly looked to the Slayer CD to see if i could format with it, but I couldn't find it.  I think i went into the upgrade HD option but I had the impression that the tool will re-format C: and E: drive.  THen again, i don't think i know how to use it.   Where would I find the formating tool to format F: & G: drive in the CD?
drfweega
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 08:12:15 AM »

Look for this at the main menu and follow it until you get to the format options.
                       Applications / Lock HDD / Format HDD
                            Any HDD Lock / Unlock & Format
                                 Format
                                      Format only F:
                                      Format only G:

Or it will look something like that
yznaction
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 09:42:29 AM »

hey, i followed the steps exactly and when i start up my xbox everything looks fine, but when i try to run a gamee it freezes or goes to a blank screen, and it also does this when i do anything with xboxlive. Help Please...
erikcave
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 01:19:37 AM »

I hope people are still following and responding to this thread.  I have a quick clairifying question.

By following this tutorial will I end up with an Xbox that opperates just like my current Xbox does just with a bigger hard drive?  It seems that my games and saves will be transfered over since they are in the C and E drives.  But, will I still have the same soft mod?  Will I still have XBMC as my dash?

Thanks for any replies.
drfweega
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 09:11:07 AM »

I am pretty sure that you will have to re-softmod your Xbox.
erikcave
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 01:29:40 PM »

Thanks.  After reading around a bit it seems to be normal to need to re softmod, which is no problem.  I read somewhere of there being a conflict depending on the state of your xbox when you back up your C: drive.  Something to do with the shadow drive and whether or not your mod files get backed up and then there being a conflict when you try to mod again.  Does anyone know about this?  When I FTP into my Xbox I am usually have it sitting in XBMC which I have set up as my dashboard.

Update:
I did have to re-mod and had no problems doing so.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 07:41:31 PM by erikcave » Logged
killerninja16
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 04:29:41 PM »

ok, i had some troubles with mine, i copied the c and e n w/e to my pc burned it ok great formated new xb hd, and i booted up my xb, ms dashboard was installed, then i did the soft mod with splinter cell, it said that i already had a modded xbox, so i ftp a dashboard to my xbox and then i rebooted, and got the all the languages from death sayin to return the xbox or somethin, so
i unmodded my orgnial xbox, copied the c and e over made a cd made a xb hd and booted it up, intalled the softmod and it was fine.
 Grin
it was a fun experience but, it worked with time
drfweega
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 06:19:51 PM »

Well, I'm glad you got it working alright.
jordan
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 05:08:20 PM »

followed ur instructions to a T.  Every thing went great, put it all back together and powered up now all I get is "Service required..." #13
please help!!!
evilmike
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 04:04:37 PM »

I'm having a bit of trouble and hope you guys can help. I have an older pc so when I run xboxhdm after I choose boot VGA console w/ xbox util. I get a dialogue about an "undefined mode #" and I chose "0" and things keep moving. But then when I'm supposed to type in"xboxhd -a" to format the drive I get a message that says

"This script assumes /dev /hda is the device to be used for creating or rescuing an xbox hd. No disk drive found on /dev /hda (primary master)

I checked the jumpers and they are set right and the hd is working and brand new. I read somewhere that the fact that mypc doesn't have a video card in it might cause a problem. What am I doing wrong?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: