Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 02:33:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing New Xbox HDD with Softmod  (Read 68006 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2005, 06:30:49 PM »

(Updated 3/4/2007 )

Read before Installing New HDD
make sure your HDD works with the Xbox First
http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=statistics
ps... i have done this Many Many Many Many times and works 100%

if you can't find the eeprom.bin  look in E/UDATA/4541000d/000000000000/backup/
or E:\backup_linux
 Or if you Used Krayzie's Installer look in
E:/Dashbored/backup
or
E:/Backup/eeprom
If anythang Just keep looking in all Folders For a eeprom.bin

(Note) If you used the Backup of your Softmoded Xbox Then to Resoftmod you MUST  Delete the Save off Xbox HDD then Recopy a fresh one on the Xbox As that one is used

when it says (primary master) that means Master Cable look in Bios to see what is on primary master and put the HDD you are going to use on that one

To lockHD you need to go in to PC bios and set HDD to User not auto

How To Install A Bigger Hard Drive

Using this method you will not need to do anything to your original hard drive which means that if anything does go wrong you will still have an xbox :-)

Needed Equipment/Software:

1) xboxhdm 1.9 http://www.smdepot.net/zzk/Exploits/xboxhdm_v1.9.zip

2) Torx 10 And Torx 20 Screwdrivers - To Open XBOX

3) A Spare/Blank PC Hardrive (Can be anything from 10 GB to 500 GB i use a 200g)

4) FTP Program (FlashFXP,Cuteftp,AceFTP, SmartFTP etc.)

5) A blank CD-R/W,DVD-R/RW and A CD/DVD Burner

Steps:
(Note) you DO NOT need to go to Backup in EVOX with Krayzie Nduer or Krayzie UXE)

1. On your xbox's evox dashboard go to system utils and select backup. While your waiting for that to finish extract all files in xboxhdm 1.9 to your PC'S hard drive and open up the folder 'linux' in that folder is a folder called 'eeprom'. Once the backup is complete, on your PC run the desired FTP program and access your xbox. Go to E:\ backup_linux\ or E/dashboard/backup/ and download a file called 'eeprom.bin' to the xboxhdm\linux\eeprom folder of on your PC's hard drive. Then go to the root of your xbox and download the full folders of C:\ and E:\ (You can use F:\ to if you want it) to your PC's hard drive to the xboxhdm\linux folder and overwrite the ones already there. Now in the root of xboxhdm is files named 'make-iso-win'. You must run make-iso-win and wait for it to finish once it has finished. Now burn the .iso which was created to a blank cd-r/w/ DVD-R/w using nero or alcohol etc. When burning is finished shutdown pc.

2. Take out all other hard drives leaving a CD/DVD drive in and put in the hard drive you wish to make an xbox hard drive and set it to be the (primary master.) Boot up your PC and as it is loading press escape and set your PC to boot from CD. Now reset your PC and put the cd-r/w/DVD-R/w with the .iso you created on it, in the cd/dvd drive. You should be given a list of options. Choose Option 1 (by typing '1') and press enter to boot VGA console with xbox-drive utilities (default). Type 'xboxhd' when it asks you for a login. Another list of options will show up, choose option 1 again (the one that says 'Build a new Xbox HD from scratch') and it will begin to format and write the partition table etc. If you put your C:\ and E:\ onto the CD then when it asks you about them type yes and when it asks you if you would like an F select yes, it is all pretty self explanatory. Now quit and reboot your PC. If this worked you now have a brand new nearly-usable xbox hard drive.

3) Now for locking the hard drive. When it boots from the cd agian, this time type '3' and hit enter to boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities. Next, type in 'lockhd -a'. It will now search for the eeprom on the CD and will automatically lock the hard drive. Now turn off the PC and take out the hard drive when it has finished locking.
(Note If HDD is locked you'll see 2 Yes's)
(Note security lock Is NOT you're HDDs Lock security enabled Is

WELL DONE YOU NOW HAVE A BRAND NEW CUSTOM XBOX HARDRIVE!!!

4. Just follow this tutorial on opening your xbox and install your new xbox hard drive;
New Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRsfXA680Oc
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/open1.php . Load up your xbox with your brand new hard drive in and have fun!
Original Tutorial by LostKoRn http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=257509

ReMade and Done Better  By Zzk2001
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 12:18:40 PM by Kyla666 (zzk2001) » Logged
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 01:35:39 AM »

nice....

that's on my todo list now.

BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

gta95
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 07:28:10 PM »

Im doin the same.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 06:03:22 PM »

*Update*

i have done this on Meany Xbox's and 100%

i now Own a 200g Hdd in my Xbox + 120g in my MOM's Xbox  lol 
TehTriggerman
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 11:05:22 PM »

Im gonna try this tomorrow morning! I hope all goes well! Thanks for the awesome Tutorial.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 11:06:58 PM by TehTriggerman » Logged
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 10:38:50 AM »

This is an excellent Tutorial. I agree... i keep running into a problem though. If someone could help me. I get an error everytime I try this (when using boost's xboxhdm ndure iso) says it can't find the C and E files when it goes to copy the files. Says i need to put in the correct disc. Why does this happen? I burn it at 4x and finalize the cd. Help me out guys...

On a side note... im exited about what we do here.. keep up the killer work. I love when i have a question, i can look in our fourms for the answer... we're making progress. plus my graphic skillz are improving.. check out the banner uptop Smiley woot to me and everyone else. lol.

thelmuffinman32
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 08:48:40 AM »

just one thing for all of you who are following the directions word for word, make sure when you download xboxhdm 1.9 you save it instead of open it. if you choose to open the download then when it tries to create the .iso it won't work.
thelmuffinman32
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 10:18:29 AM »

i actually have a problem, my new 40 gig harddrive won't boot up evox, it just brings me to the original ms dash board. but when i go to memory all my stuff is there!? anyone know how to fix this?
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 10:28:28 AM »

Just pop in your game and remod it. Smiley You probalby copied the c:\ off the modded xbox while evox was running. If so, it's the virtual C you copied... which is unmodded. it's wierd.. but just remod it and your good Smiley

thelmuffinman32
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 10:32:01 AM »

Just pop in your game and remod it. Smiley You probalby copied the c:\ off the modded xbox while evox was running. If so, it's the virtual C you copied... which is unmodded. it's wierd.. but just remod it and your good Smiley
the only problem is i don't have the game and i dont have anyway of getting the game for days
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 10:37:28 AM »

You could try to put your old hd back in and try booting w/ the tray open. Maybe it'll boot up to the gamesave exploit screen... if it does, you then have ftp access to the full c:\.. copy the entire thing and put that as your new hd c:\ should fix it.. if it doesnt boot the mod screen and just goes to evox... you have to get the game so you can get access to that screen and the real c:\ files. hope that helps Smiley go rent the game.

thelmuffinman32
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 10:58:10 AM »

You could try to put your old hd back in and try booting w/ the tray open. Maybe it'll boot up to the gamesave exploit screen... if it does, you then have ftp access to the full c:\.. copy the entire thing and put that as your new hd c:\ should fix it.. if it doesnt boot the mod screen and just goes to evox... you have to get the game so you can get access to that screen and the real c:\ files. hope that helps Smiley go rent the game.
that didn't work but thanks, i gues ill just use the stock softmodded hd until i get the game
pfat
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 10:58:53 PM »

good tut.... I understand almost everything (thats good for me) but ummm i few questions to get me feeling more comfortable.

1. on this link "http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=statistics" you gave; 9 people said the kind of HD I have locked but 1 person said that it didnt work.  the one person that said it didnt listed the program he used as xboxhdm.... others had the program they used as slayer and some put evox.... im a lil confused slayer and evox are other installers? i didnt think they were....  can you clear that issue with me?

2. Ive never taken out or put in a new hard drive into a computer before..... truthfully ive actually never even seen the inside of one (besides in a few pics). Could you maybe give a lil info on that or point me in the right direction again? I really dont want to F - up my only comp. Speaking of F'in it up...  can taking hd and putting in  another then putting the other back F up my comp at all?

3. On the link given on taking out your old xbox hd it shows taking out the dvd drive and mother board....... umm im just assuming thats for chips and for replacing the hd i ONLY take out the old one i i dont need to touch the dvd drive and or motherboard... am I assuming correctly?

Any reply ill be grateful for. Im trying hard not to be a noob but, it seems im not catching on as fast as I would like to!! lol.
Im sure im going to run into more questions when I actually have enough confidence to start doing this
center_99_99
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 06:10:14 AM »

pfat

1.  9 out of 10. It will probably work. You have to leave room for human error

2.  very easy  just open computer case, swap drives (if they are both IDE) perform xbxhdm then swap back
     No risk at all to your current hdd as long as it isn't connected when you are running hdm.

3.  Just do the steps up to the hdd removal. That is all you need from that tut.

center_99_99
pfat
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 07:07:51 PM »

Thx for the reply.... Im going to try it tonight
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: