Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 11:58:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disk not reading?  (Read 6505 times)
rdnck338
« on: December 12, 2005, 07:24:50 PM »

Well this is stuff i do that might help you Smiley NEVER BLOW AIR IN YOUR XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!! Becuase it will cause the dust in your xbox to go all over everything! So then you will have to open your xbox and clean it! And that might not be fun. Well try this first!
Above the disk drive is the plate aka cover. Yes (i hope there is). What i have tried is push down on the cover and you will see it move down some. You will need to hold it and what tell game is loaded. This might work this might not work who knows. But i know it worked some what for me. So it might work for you! Well i hope it does.

If this doesnt work i would say your reading lense are dirty. You might need to get in there and whip it with a damp q-tip. (not to wet though)!

Well thanks tell me if this worked for you.

nick black

xmpstinky
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 03:55:54 AM »

NEVER BLOW AIR IN YOUR XBOX....... LOL thats like my #1 thing i do with every thing i own and most the time that works 99% of the time =)

But i clean every system i own by takeing them Apart and cleaning with a  Very Damp rag and Air can

for Cd drives i use a laser Disk cleaner
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 01:24:12 PM by zzk2001 » Logged
MIKEMAN
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 09:16:07 AM »

I agree that there is a risk vs reward to blowing in your xbox (gotta watch you dont spray, lol)

For the rest of us, if you have really bad read errors and you want to clean, you can always follow my tutorial on cleaning.

For the most part I agree with Stinky, DONT BLOW... CLEAN

Good tip xmpstinky

MIKEMAN
rdnck338
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 09:29:08 AM »

thanks guys for the post. i was reading up on a xbox tut site and found out that you can help with disk errors is push down on your xbox top it is very not well made and that helped me when i had that problem well thanks for the post

nick black

xmpstinky
w00t220
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 07:38:36 PM »

lol very nice post mikeman yea stinky dont use canned air it will just redistribute the dust around and possibly make it worse (DONT BLOW IF U DONT KNOW) lol
ji97707
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 12:46:47 PM »

I've done it all and replaced the dvd drive.  It still freezes and gets disk errors.  I even took the mb out.  Please help!! ASAP  My son is having a fit!
Torob
Jr. Modder

Fuckin Best

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 08:21:05 AM »

i donno if its blowing or not
but i opened my cd-rw and dvd reader up to see wat i looked like in the inside
nothin much closed them up
now they dont get power,
powersuply works on hdd
but wont power up the drives lol

Pages: [1]