Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 03:54:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing Second Hard Drive?  (Read 14030 times)
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 04:59:05 PM »

Grin of corse im right. Im brilliant shure
so you're so brilliant that you invented a new spelling for the word sure Huh

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kingofrandom78
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 05:30:32 PM »

Yeah shure! haha. im irish so i can make up words like flastard!
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 07:04:51 PM »

you guys are getting the people who Know what they are talking about confused.

installing a New HDD in a PC is as easy as "plug and play" Some times if you got a OLD OS like win95 you'll need to install drivers for it But with like WinXp or Vista, close to All if Not all HDD drivers are set/installed, So no need to install drivers as for setting it as a master Drive you'll just need to place that HDD in the PC by it's self on Master and install windows on it... Not hard.

what really is throwing me off is you say  (going to have to transfer all of my files to the drive. using xboxhdm seems a lot easier than in the computer )

that sounds like your talking about Xbox as XboxHDm is for Xbox

And as for
if its installed in one machine it has the drivers for that. u change to a diff machine you need da drivers for da machine. DIFFERENT HARDWARE

No the Drivers do not changes Only the partitions
lets say i got 2 pcs  Both have   WinXp so i take the HDD out and place it in the Other PC, When i trun on the other PC it would be as if i had that HDD in it the Hole Time
(some things like video drivers and sound driver will need to be installed if the Other PCs are not the Same)

Now if you try and place a HDD with ntfs in a windows98 then it's not going to happen as win98 does not support ntfs

---
I don't Know  maybe we are talking about two different things some times i get lost when trying to translate your words =)   
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 05:08:43 PM by zzk2001 » Logged
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 06:41:11 PM »

ok but one of my drives has home edition and the other has Professional edition

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 07:16:16 PM »

Does not matter
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: