Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 06:00:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About Softmod and Chipped Xbox  (Read 5378 times)
eixty
« on: April 09, 2007, 01:14:33 PM »

Hi, I have a chipped Xbox with Xecuter 2.0 Lite on it. I also have another Xbox that does not have anything else on it and I was thinking about soft modding it. I want to use a bigger hard drive for the Xbox I plan on soft modding.

My question is, can I format like say a 300GB harddrive on the modded Xbox and install MS dash on it, then place it in the Xbox I plan on soft modding and it will work? Locking a HD is only required if you plan on going on Microsoft Live correct or do I have to lock it regardless if I plan on softmodding the Xbox. Thanks
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 01:47:40 PM »

just use xbox hdd maker, its in the files section, for makeing th new hdd. as far as i know the xbox cant partition a hdd that thats why that wont work. and the hdd needs to be locked just to boot up the xbox.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 03:55:28 PM »

with softmods, xbox Must be locked with the Xbox's eeprom for it to work
eixty
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 08:28:51 PM »

with softmods, xbox Must be locked with the Xbox's eeprom for it to work
So I can't just used a modded Xbox to do it for the softmod Xbox then? Since it requires the softmod Xbox's eeprom? So, I'm guessing I first have to softmod the Xbox, backup the eeprom and then ftp it to PC. Then use Xbox HDD maker like Snafupossum suggested? Thanks.

I found this tutorial:
http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-141.html
Will that work, or is it too outdated? Willing to take other suggestions. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:33:52 PM by eixty » Logged
r3skyline
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 10:40:06 AM »

AH! glad you have this question! my xbox that i had before was actually not modded at all! there were 2 xbox's involved, one that was chipped and one that wasnt. as long as you use the unmodded versions eeprom on the 300gb hd, all will be fine. thats how mine was done. this does work, my xbox is proof that it works. Cheesy
eixty
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 11:33:50 AM »

Hi, could you give me a step by step on how you did it? How big was your hd that you used? Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: