Softmod Depot
April 23, 2024, 10:46:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do I need to mod?  (Read 5668 times)
DarK
« on: December 02, 2005, 10:05:47 PM »

How do i get started modding my xbox? Do i have to have a memory card and download certain things or what?

Somebody please help me!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 06:58:58 PM by Boost » Logged
kingyiff
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 02:55:33 PM »

Hello DarK,

To begin your modding experience you need to have:

1x - Action Replay
1x - 007 Agent Under Fire
           -or-
       Splinter Cell 1
           -or-
       Mechassault

None of them can be PLATINUM HITS! Then you need to download a gamesave from our downloads section for the game that you have. Now use the Action Replay to put the gamesave on your xbox. Then load the game and begin following the on-screen steps.

- Dr. Fweega -
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 09:33:32 PM »

Dr. Fweega Out!     LOL

You crack me up man.

There are alternatives to action replay, but action replay is my weapon of choice also. You can pick one up on amazon.com or anywhere really. Im not sure if target still has them, but go to gamestop or EB games. Good stuff. Once you get those, let us know, we'll help you out. Also if you don't want to do it yourself, or feel uncomfortable, send us your xbox, we'll do it for you.. Vist our store for options.

http://www.smdepot.net/shop

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

DarK
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 06:49:08 PM »

So how would i mod halo 2? same way?
kingyiff
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 08:16:57 AM »

Now halo 2 is a totally different story. To mod halo 2 you need to copy the maps from your xbox to the PC and use programs to edit the maps.

I dont know much about modding halo 2 so you need to talk to Flare or Boost about it. Try posting a 'how do I mod halo 2' in the halo modding section.

Good luck

Dr. Fweega OUT!

That last part was for you SMD Smiley
jebus989
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 09:42:47 AM »

or... try reading up ZZKs 'how to mod halo 2' tut here

btw i am retiring from my long and illustrious halo modding career... recently played some modders on LIVE and thought... they could have learned that from here... maybe even from me (lol)...

anyways there idiots that suck at the game... and try to reinvent it to make themselves better. modding halo 2 is easy, whooping ass on live is not so easy. i know understand what SMD was talking bout in that post a while back...

anyways lecture over

(is it just me or do i badly overuse '...' and 'anyways' ?)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: