Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 04:40:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii With A HDD  (Read 4276 times)
GamezR2EZ
« on: March 23, 2007, 11:22:14 AM »

Okay, so i was wondering, i have had a Wii since, well since the day it can out. Since then i soft modded my xbox, and learned that a modded system is so much better than a regular. So i have been looking a Wii mod chips but what they seem to lack is HDD support. Does any one know if attaching a HDD is even possible with the Wii? I have heard some ruimors that it could bee done through the 2 USB ports on the back but those are just rumors. The only real reason i would mod my Wii is so i can back up games.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 10:42:03 PM »

well, just wait and see, over time the modchips will get better and have more suppost, and if those are actualy usb ports, you should be able to hook up a hdd, the only question is, whats the drive size limit.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 11:34:54 AM »

http://www.gameboy-advance.net/wii/usb-hdd.htm

According to the link above it has a 200gb harddrive attachment, if i read it correctly. When they can back up games to that im all over a mod chip. Cause that is the only thing i do on the xbox, backup games.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: