Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 09:51:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Impressions on PSP Piracy  (Read 8746 times)
infamousdice
Section-Specific Moderator
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: March 14, 2007, 07:44:44 PM »

but really i just want to underscore the importance of buying games, not just UMD's. how does the old saying go? everything in moderation is beneficial. Too much of anything is malicious. ANyway i just want to suggest to all you out there to examine yourselves, are you a blood thristy ISO hungry crazed maniac? i hope not, support the games you are "stealing"/pirating.

i honestly have to say that the game selection nowadays from the psp section is lacking. Seriously lacking...with a capital S. i think thus far (im not into racing games) syphon filter looks great (i bought it, but i can't play it now because its 2.60 Sad ark of napishtim is great and monster hunter freedom has an interesting feel. daxter i heard was awesome....but looking at ign i see there are like 5 games in the 9's perhaps 10~ish in 8's and a bunch in 7's...now from what i know...the more games in the 9's section justifies the position held by the system...right now PSP is lacking something

now im not condoning all of piracy..just as a community we need to focus on buying games also...so therefore instead of when a game coming out we all look for ISO's or start ripping ISO's we look for or start development of progs that allows us to play games on that higher firmware version. of course because we are still on 1.5 there are those necessary DL's of ISO's like if we sold daxter but now wish to play again but we dont really want to buy it again, we can pull up pspcrazy and find a ISo to dl...but ISO's shouldn't be the focus..having fun shoudl be and right now....PSP doesn't really look all that fun (with exceptions of course)

so how do the rest of you feel?

btw plz don't launch a flamethrower at me...but just thoughts and such

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 07:59:41 PM »

My rule of thumb is, you d/l the iso, just as a demo, and if you realy like the game,or plan on playing it more then 2-3 hours, you should go buy it. Give the people the credit they deserve for makeing the game if you like it. so they can make new games after you get board of the curent games. Where do you think they get the money for all of those awesome tools, and the money to pay all the awesome game designers? It comes from the money that the community puts into buying the games. As the pirating the community gets bigger day by day, its becomeing more and more of a issue, of people not giveing back, to the people who design and make the stuff they use. Me, myself, i d/l stuff, and if i like it i buy it, or have someone with the money to buy it for me. I have even bought stuff like solid works and inventor, and pirateing them becuase i loved them so much, and those are some of the most expensive peices of software around. I was lucky to get them though. But please support and buy, just use pirateing as a way to try stuff out before you buy it. Put it this way, its like a car, you always want to test drive a car before you buy it to make sure you like it, same goes for software, and games and anything else pirated, just think of it as test driveing before you d/l it.

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 08:01:08 PM »

yea man if you like the game you go out and buy it mybe download games that you had in the past or something but if you dont own the game dont download it

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 03:54:46 PM »

about the 1.5 thing, why don't you just upgrade to 3.10 A' that way you can play games right from the game section and play 3.10 games

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 11:13:39 AM »

Becouse 1.5 is always going to be better on 3.10 when your going to view the photos they take for ever to load and it takes about 30 to 45 seconds to load good enough to view them

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 12:45:54 PM »

about the 1.5 thing, why don't you just upgrade to 3.10 A' that way you can play games right from the game section and play 3.10 games

3.10 OE sucks 3.03 OE-C all the way homie g Tongue

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 11:30:16 AM »

3.10 OE sucks 3.03 OE-C all the way homie g Tongue
yo Homie G i like 1.5 1.5 ALL the why OE SUCK CUZ THERE ARE SO SLOW

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 09:27:55 PM »

OE is the same speed, or faster then my 1.5, did you mess with th eclock speed or something in OE recovery?

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 10:33:36 AM »

OE is the same speed, or faster then my 1.5, did you mess with th eclock speed or something in OE recovery?
Nope i LOVE 1.5 (NO HOMO) but OE is kinda good an not ahting on it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: