Softmod Depot
April 25, 2024, 03:51:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows XP question  (Read 7554 times)
Blink
Global Moderator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2007, 05:08:45 PM »

How do i keep a program such as a game from launching into full screen mode and instead launching into a a smaller window  in windows xp.  I'm not sure if this is even possible, but some input would help!
drfweega
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 05:26:09 PM »

Let me guess... Red Alert? There is no way to do it that I know of, I've tried. Usually Alt+Enter is the way to switch between full screen and windowed but it doesn't work.
Blink
Global Moderator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 05:42:01 PM »

Yeah its for RA, i think my scrolling problem has to do with the way the screen is sized on my widescreen laptop... or i might just be imagining that... But either way, it would be nice to have it in a smaller window
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 11:12:07 PM »

nope it just cant be done

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 07:44:10 AM »

it wud b pretty handy if it cud. especially for gta
drfweega
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 10:15:21 AM »

Yeah its for RA, i think my scrolling problem has to do with the way the screen is sized on my widescreen laptop... or i might just be imagining that... But either way, it would be nice to have it in a smaller window

In the REDALERT.ini file you can find the scroll speed. You can turn it down even more then you can ingame. Try that and see if it fixes anything.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 08:24:26 PM »

yes, there is a way to make games launch in a window, i forgot the command, but if you right click the games icon on the desktop, where it says the directory like c/programfiles/halo/ you add like "-window" or something like that. I asked ppl until i got an answer cuz it was easier then i was editing my maps in halo ce. but ill ask some of my pc gamer freinds to see if they know.

Blink
Global Moderator
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 04:28:13 PM »

yeah i figured there was some type of switch to add to the launch options.... but its hard to search for!
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 10:47:24 AM »

How about GTA

Torob
Jr. Modder

Fuckin Best

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 02:59:31 PM »

Oh jeez i forgot..
there is a whay, you put a command thing in the .ini
and it opens it up in windowed mode, but uhh i forgot the command.. i'll do a little looking and see if i can find it
might not work for this specific game, but its worked for some games for me..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: