Softmod Depot
April 24, 2024, 11:23:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: multiple emulators  (Read 3759 times)
judhat2
« on: March 10, 2007, 01:56:28 PM »

I have been searching around different web sites trying to find a way to have multiple instances of the same emulator xboyadvance.  I was trying to do this so I could have a different emulator for game boy, game boy color, and game boy advance.  I figured it out and wanted to share the info in case somebody else wanted to do the same thing. 

This program, xEpatcher, will change the default save directory of the emulator to be in the same folder of the emulator instead of e:\saves\xboyadvance.  It patches the default.xbe by changing all instances of e:\ to d:\.  You could manually hex edit the xbe file yourself, but this is easier and saves a little time.  I used it for xboyadvance, but it could work with any xport emulator.  Also, do not do this if you plan on running the emulator from a disc.  If someone wants to know why you can't just copy the emulator to another folder, I could explain that also.

The link is http://xbox.nugnugnug.com/xEpatcher/xEpatcher.zip
drfweega
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 03:18:25 PM »

That's a pretty handy application. I've looked everywhere in the .ini files and what not trying to change it. Thanks for the link.
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 12:49:02 AM »

yea thanx for the link

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: